• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Photo Contest

rénee

3 Year Member
I know I posted this picture already before, but now that we are doing avics, and this really is the best picture I have, I will repost lol
20160104_222626.jpg

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hey guys
Here is the winner of the Avics. Congrats rénee ;)View attachment 13712
Any suggestions for the next genus? Or whe can just do a certain species? :)
Genus makes more sense to me. I'm not sure how many you planned on including, given how any genus of theraphosidae there are in captivity alone [emoji14]

Wg25

3 Year Member
I wasn't planning on doing them all obviously..... Just the more common genus. Most people active on this thread have mostly beginner species ( and we've pretty much done all the common ones) That's why I'm thinking of certain species that a lot of members will have. Pointless to do a genus for more experienced keepers and have only 1 or 2 uploads again....

rénee

3 Year Member
I wasn't planning on doing them all obviously..... Just the more common genus. Most people active on this thread have mostly beginner species ( and we've pretty much done all the common ones) That's why I'm thinking of certain species that a lot of members will have. Pointless to do a genus for more experienced keepers and have only 1 or 2 uploads again....
But I enjoy seeing the experienced keepers tarantulas that not a lot of other people have :eek:

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
We all do rénee...I just don't want choose a genus were only 1 or 2 people can join in. I want a lot of members to be able to participate
But what exactly qualifies as a well-known or "common" genus? A genus that is popular to some people may be less popular to those with less experience or who are still relatively new to the hobby. I don't think it's really fair to discriminate against some genera, just because they are a bit more obscure to some folks. Also some genera have more species than others. Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens is one of the most well-known species of all time, but it's the ONLY species in that entire genus. Sorry to make this difficult, some of these things are just a bit unclear to me . :p

Latest posts