• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Personality quirks

JeniHaas

3 Year Member
I am a firm believer that my Ts have their own personalities and quirks

MY Rosie likes to play with his food, eat it spit it out web a bit then go back to it an eat again repeating this ritual several times each feeding

If I lightly pet my 2 yr old avic avic she sticks her butt up in the air

My 2 yr old Mex red knee will eat up to three crickets at once

And , my favorite, they all do the "happy dance" while feeding

I'll post more later

What ab you??

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have a King Baboon (haven't seen her in well over a year) that leaves me nice tight roach bolus' at the mouth of her burrow pretty much every other Thursday (only thursday) morning.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My Hercules stands with two of his legs in front of his face as if he is shy. Flamenco Will do anything for a soggy cotton wool ball. Rapunzel has made an elaborate network of burrows. Money spider and delilah seem pleased to see me even if i am not feeding them.i love the dinner dance too some of mine act like they have won the lottery over a couple of .crickets

JeniHaas

3 Year Member
My Hercules stands with two of his legs in front of his face as if he is shy. Flamenco Will do anything for a soggy cotton wool ball. Rapunzel has made an elaborate network of burrows. Money spider and delilah seem pleased to see me even if i am not feeding them.i love the dinner dance too some of mine act like they have won the lottery over a couple of .crickets

Thats so cute... little shy boy...

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yes he acts all coy but is very much a super model in the making no one on earth could not fall in love with Hercules.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hercules is on the brachypelma thread. You mite see him on the cover of vogue arachnid one day when his stripes come through properly !

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yes the threads are a great idea. I never turn down a chance to show off any of my animals ( been told I've got push parent syndrome) it is nice to see different species at different sizes and you might see a t you haven't seen before and decide to get one for yourself.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I found out last night why my avics have got big feet, there was a micro cricket in cupids little pot and I thought he would wait until it got close to him but no he stuck one of his big pink feet out and batted it straight into his mouth. He is smart for such a tiny baby.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
people are always saying to me "I can't believe tarantulas have so much character." but they are all very individual.