• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P Octopunctatus Pink Egg Sac????

michelle789

Hey I have a wild caught Octopunctatus that started spinning a web in the top corner of its enclosure last night and this morning it looks like it has a pink egg sac or something in there. There was nothing pink in its enclosure so I’m guessing it’s an egg sac and I just got her a few weeks ago. I’m not sure what to do because now it’s blocking the opening of the enclosure (lesson learned, should have bought the mid opening T crib). So I have a few questions, are there egg sacs pink? Am I going to need to feed her while she is hatching if that is an egg sac? How do I support sweet little Betty in her endeavor??? (And what the hell am I going to do with dozens of them after they hatch, this question is for me lol)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10

MBullock

3 Year Member
Youre seeing a very large brood. Octopunctatus are one of the most fecund in the genus from what ive seen- they have really big brood sizes.

Latest posts