• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Norwegian forest kitten (Thor)

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Enn49 i need to get rid of them before the show or I won't be allowed to show him. I think the fleas like Thors coat over cheetaras as I've only found 3 on her... I'm on the sofa tonight I've sealed the door up same with the spare room. Man on a mission today lol.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@sym Get a fine toothed comb and comb him, that will get a lot out of his fur then drop them in boiling water.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Enn49 . I got a fine comb from the vets this morning. It's like they have came from no where. I found dirt round his nipples. I will get them sorted as I've spent £60 on entry fees and £50 on his show kit and fleas sprays etc..
He defo looks like it's relieved him

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It's amazing how they suddenly appear. All it needs is someone to come into the house with them on their clothes and before you know it they breed like mad.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Enn49 . Thor seems happy. I will be up early and make a start on the hall and bathroom. Will have to lock them both in the spare room. I Hoover each room first and under any furniture. Then spray the skirting boards firsts then the full carpet. Leave for 24 hours then Hoover again. I will be gutted to attend the show and be told I can't show him so I will put the hard work in now..

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I used to buy Ardap to kill snake mites and I found it was effective on fleas too. You can spray it round a well ventilated room, let it dry and wait until all smell has gone then its safe and lasts up to 6 weeks. You can't use it on the cats though.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Enn49 . Yeah kinda similar thing it said in the tin. Spray leave for 4 hours then open the windows once dry it's safe for the cats to enter the treated room. I did my bedroom this morning so once it hoovered the cats can go in

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Enn49. One tin does a full house I'm on my second lol. Never cleaned a house so much. Found plenty of fleas in the Hoover thou. Before treating but none after the treatment.
All T's are fine. Kitchen to do tomorrow then I'm making Laura's granny a xmas hamper as she is up over xmas.
Home made. Mince pies. Stollen. Brandy butter.chicken liver pate.wholemeal loaf..
So lots to do. All my presents are wrapped ready :)
36th birthday on Boxing Day ;-)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You bake too??? I wish I'd found a guy that was so domesticated, my husband was useless although my son can cook.

Oh, and I adore chicken liver pate

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Enn49 . I wouldn't normally go to such lengths to clean the house as much as I have but i don't want to loss my entry fee for the show plus I don't want my kitties stressed.

I can cook yeah lol I was a chef for 11 yrs so I'm rather handy with a knife :)
Love homemade chicken liver pate a lot better then the generic grey stuff you get in the shops lol.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@sym Ahh, what made you change jobs? I have a great recipe for chicken liver pate that I used to make a lot but none of my lot are keen so now I buy it from a deli in town, it's good and tastes just the same, surprisingly.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Enn49 i got the opportunity to start my own business with my brother so I went a different route. I do miss the busy kitchen life but I do seem to eat more now. As a chef I used to eat a lot with my eyes and not with my mouth.
I enjoy food better when I haven't made it myself even if I can make better ;)
Make pate for yourself ;).
I've got fresh bay leave tree to garnish the top.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I can understand what you mean about not eating when you're cooking, I made an Indian curry this afternoon (all proper spices, none of the Schwarz rubbish), went and sat down and realised I was starving, I'd forgotten to have lunch.

If I made the pate just for me I'd eat too much of it, but buying a small amount occasionally I can really appreciate it.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
image.jpeg

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Enn49 . I'm addicted to curry ! Hotter the better. I made a big batch last week and I freeze it in take away tubs.
Have a look on this website www.curryfrenzy.co.uk.
Top left hand side give you a recipe colum :)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Aww, Thor looks as though he's saying "hands off she's mine"

Three of mine. Ziggy the old girl (15) with Neo the evil male trying to look cute and Jet the softie male on the chair arm