• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US NJ, Philly, DE

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's the impression I was getting based off pictures. Looks kind of dirty and run down. Plus I have a feeling they are happy to sell their animals to anyone, knowing full well most people aren't equipped to care for them properly.
My friend picked up a blood that turned out to be sick. When he made a complaint they said he could exchange it but all the blood they had were sick.. the snake he had ended up dying unfortunately

Kurtwalthers

3 Year Member
What’s up, PA here. I’m up in the Poconos, travel to NJ a lot. NJ exotics is okay but expensive. Not really worth it to go unless you are trying to buy a pig or something lmao.

yeahhtrue

3 Year Member
Anybody going to White Plains next month? I've never been to the expo, what's the T selection like? Going through the vendor list the only one I can see that definitely sells Ts is NetBug but I assume there are others?

Kurtwalthers

3 Year Member
Anybody going to White Plains next month? I've never been to the expo, what's the T selection like? Going through the vendor list the only one I can see that definitely sells Ts is NetBug but I assume there are others?

I’ve been there, usually overcrowded and overpricing. Sometime you can find some good stuff. If you’re close it’s worth the trip. I went to the last one and didn’t get anything but still had fun

yeahhtrue

3 Year Member
I’ve been there, usually overcrowded and overpricing. Sometime you can find some good stuff. If you’re close it’s worth the trip. I went to the last one and didn’t get anything but still had fun

I'm about an hour and 15 mins from the expo so it's not too bad but would rather not go if there aren't many Ts. Wish there were more local places to find tarantulas.

kjay

The expo is fun but definitely overcrowded and can be overpriced. You have to to really look around but I feel they have enough of a T selection to make it worth my 1 hr ride up there. I've gotten some good deals, make sure to visit the annex, they have a couple of vendors there as well.

yeahhtrue

3 Year Member
The expo is fun but definitely overcrowded and can be overpriced. You have to to really look around but I feel they have enough of a T selection to make it worth my 1 hr ride up there. I've gotten some good deals, make sure to visit the annex, they have a couple of vendors there as well.

I think I'm going to check it out. I'm looking to add some new additions to my collection, and though I have some species in mind, I'd like to be able to browse a bunch of Ts in person and see what catches my eye. Even with the expo prices, I figure it'll probably balance out by avoiding shipping costs.

mrsoul1974

3 Year Member
Anybody been to NJ Exotic Pets in Lodi? Wondering what their T selection is like. They seems to have a great selection of reptiles, plus stuff like pigs, skunks, sugar gliders....even kinkajous and coatimundis which I really don't think people should be owning but that's another story.
Yes, I live about a mile from it in Lodi. They have a goliath bird eater and another tarantula there. Not a big selection for T's, but LOTS of snakes and reptiles. They also have a lot of rabbits (I think they rescue...). The staff is very nice, and they also have lots of feeder crickets, roaches, etc. Not a very large place and parking is a little tight, but if you are in the area it's worth stopping in.

Aarantula

Also NJ here. Only place I’ve ever bought Ts and scorps (besides online) is the Northern Berks, Hamburg PA show at the field house. An AWESOME show, I think ones coming up in October. I wish there were more local breeders and dealers. :(

THETGUY

I'm about an hour and 15 mins from the expo so it's not too bad but would rather not go if there aren't many Ts. Wish there were more local places to find tarantulas.
They have great Ts! Netbug is going. I got an AF curly hair there for only 45$

Last edited:

John2097

3 Year Member
Anyone going to NY white plains reptile show this coming Sunday? I have some P. sazimai slings available. :)

Latest posts