1. Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US NJ, Philly, DE

Discussion in 'Invertebrate and Exotic Pet Events' started by Paul Bowen, Jan 3, 2017.

1. IamKrush

IamKrush Well-Known Member 1,000+ Post Club

My friend picked up a blood that turned out to be sick. When he made a complaint they said he could exchange it but all the blood they had were sick.. the snake he had ended up dying unfortunately
  2. yeahhtrue

yeahhtrue Active Member

3. John2097

John2097 Member

Tamed salmon eating spider? Nice
  4. Kurtwalthers

Kurtwalthers Member

What’s up, PA here. I’m up in the Poconos, travel to NJ a lot. NJ exotics is okay but expensive. Not really worth it to go unless you are trying to buy a pig or something lmao.
  5. IamKrush

They are horroble. Bunch of sick animals. Avoid that place like the plague
  6. Kurtwalthers

Kurtwalthers Member

Honestly better off getting Ts online through breeders or wholesalers, comes out cheaper anyways. NJ exotics had pumpkin patch slings for $100 I got some from a dude online for $10
    IamKrush likes this.
  7. IamKrush

I got mine for free:)
  8. yeahhtrue

yeahhtrue Active Member

Anybody going to White Plains next month? I've never been to the expo, what's the T selection like? Going through the vendor list the only one I can see that definitely sells Ts is NetBug but I assume there are others?
  9. Kurtwalthers

Kurtwalthers Member

I’ve been there, usually overcrowded and overpricing. Sometime you can find some good stuff. If you’re close it’s worth the trip. I went to the last one and didn’t get anything but still had fun
  10. yeahhtrue

yeahhtrue Active Member

I'm about an hour and 15 mins from the expo so it's not too bad but would rather not go if there aren't many Ts. Wish there were more local places to find tarantulas.
  11. kjay

kjay New Member

The expo is fun but definitely overcrowded and can be overpriced. You have to to really look around but I feel they have enough of a T selection to make it worth my 1 hr ride up there. I've gotten some good deals, make sure to visit the annex, they have a couple of vendors there as well.
  12. yeahhtrue

yeahhtrue Active Member

I think I'm going to check it out. I'm looking to add some new additions to my collection, and though I have some species in mind, I'd like to be able to browse a bunch of Ts in person and see what catches my eye. Even with the expo prices, I figure it'll probably balance out by avoiding shipping costs.