• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to Tarantulas

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome aboard! Glad you made the plunge. The P. Metallica is such an awesome specimen. Advice to you is to ALWAYS be cautious. As with most Pokies, the Gooty is LIGHTNING fast and can deliver a powerful bite. But they are well worth the extra precautions as this is one of the most beautiful spider species in the world. Congrats.

Tgirl1010

3 Year Member
Hi Rick! I'm in South Carolina too! I bet you're not old enough to be my Grandfather though. :)
Congrats on your P metallica. I've been keeping ts for 4 years now, and I still don't have one. Your little one is beautiful!

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hello and welcome
One of the most desired Poecilotheria species you there,next to a few others. People,not me have even put them in communal setups. The common name is even stunning,Gooty Sapphire ornamental. This is probably the most docile of Poecilotheria from reading,own experience with this genus most won't bother just biting but would rather move away. The venom of these in the genus,are considered strong but others like Stromatopelma Calceatum and H.maculata are seen as stronger. So in the end,nice arboreal specimen and must be treated with respect and just the fact that they are very low in numbers in the wild must be treasured.

Latest posts