• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Brachypelma albopilosum - the "true one" - ordered

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My three little B albo slings arrived one week ago by post... Unfortunately, they all died within a week! Don't know why, they were truly tiny, maybe the 5-days postage trip was too much for them? Anyway I'm really sad... Don't know what happened...

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk
Oh no. Really sorry. Did not get further down from your original post so ignore the other one. Sorry mate.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
man that sucks. sorry to hear about the loss :(

on a side note, how do we know these are the "true" albopilosum? and not a hybrid? I find it irritating to get a spider and then find out yours is the false one. Why not call it the hairier color form and ours the balding color form? :p

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My three little B albo slings arrived one week ago by post... Unfortunately, they all died within a week! Don't know why, they were truly tiny, maybe the 5-days postage trip was too much for them? Anyway I'm really sad... Don't know what happened...

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk
So so very sorry :( lost a sling today to a bad molt so I cried for both of us.

argiope

3 Year Member
Hi,
I regularly breed albopilosum for several years, but the wild form is really a spider. Do you know about a source of wild form albo anywhere in Europe? Eastern Europe would be even better. Thanx.
V.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
cracks me up every time i see a post like this :D so I have a possible true albo and a "fake" albo. and a true Brachypelma redleg and a fake one :p

Seriously though, i think i got one of each on the B. albo's. the smaller one i ordered from Paul at petcenter.info is much more hairy and curly than the accidental order i got from Jaime's. I'll have to take pics of them tomorrow when i feed to compare.