• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need some info

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So a guy (pretty sure he's local since that's what I posted in my ad) responded to me saying he's sitting on aversi sac and an m.balfori sac. I told him that I was definitely interested in some versi slings when the time comes (YAY YAY YAY), but I don't really know much about m.balfouri.

I've read some conflicting information while perusing the net (shocking right?) in regards to temperament, some places say they are shy, reclusive and others say they are reclusive, defensive.

I see that they are webbers and have the potential to burrow (so close to the same requirements as the obt?), and only get to around 4". So, any of you have any other pertinent info you can give me on these awesome spiders? Are they hard to raise as slings?

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have a couple Balfouri. Pricey little guys. They're very skittish, and pretty reclusive. I don't see much more than the legs of mine.
They do; do well in a communal set-up so that's a positive. But I keep mine seperate. Gorgeous as Adults.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Awesome! Thanks for the info guys :) I'll see what price the guy is asking, and if it's a good deal I may just pick one up; if not I'll maybe wait on this species. I do love to look at my T's :D

Atx13

3 Year Member
How many ts have you got now ?
11, was suppose to pick up some at a reptile show today, but the guy never got back to me about his list of Ts, so I didnt go.
Gonna be ordering around 10 more in the next couple weeks. Just gotta get the vials and smaller containers for the slings, and a juvenile arboreal enclosure... Been lazy :p

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Good luck bast I hope you get some nice slings.
Thanks! The guy doesn't live right in Calgary, but he says he comes in to the city a lot so he'd be able to meet here once they're ready to go :) Now I just gotta keep my fingers crossed that the sacs are good and the price is right hehe :)

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
11, was suppose to pick up some at a reptile show today, but the guy never got back to me about his list of Ts, so I didnt go.
Gonna be ordering around 10 more in the next couple weeks. Just gotta get the vials and smaller containers for the slings, and a juvenile arboreal enclosure... Been lazy :p
Do you know what species you're ordering yet?