• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My T is barely eating and abdomen is shrinking

Hellion

Hello,
I have a mature male Salmon Pink, he’s been with me for a while now and he’s my first T.

He had his ultimate molt a little while ago now, I would say 3 months, maybe. And I’ve noticed he barely eats, which is normal as I understand male T’s stop or slow down eating after maturity. However, I’ve noticed his abdomen shrinking a lot, and I’m starting to get nervous. He always has a full water bowl, and I offer food once or twice a week, although he doesn’t eat that often.

Is it normal for a mature males abdomen to shrink? And is it a sign that he might pass soon? I really love him and want what’s best for him

Attachments

• E4986D72-BD42-41E2-8076-CA40A65356EF.jpeg
    E4986D72-BD42-41E2-8076-CA40A65356EF.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
Mature males don't eat that often as have other things on their minds ;)
Offer food once every two or tree weeks.
Its notmal with time abdomen to shrink too due to that.
If you want to give him more time with you.You can put him in smaller enclosure so he doesn't spend so much energy and burn so fast while wandering about looking for ladies.
Regards Konstantin

Latest posts