• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My new T

xray_chic

3 Year Member
image.jpg

Atx13

3 Year Member
Seeing all these pics of T.strimis and T.blondis as of late has really got me reconsidering wanting one.. I might have to hit up petcenter and grab one of the 4inch T.strimis he has for sale :p.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Seeing all these pics of T.strimis and T.blondis as of late has really got me reconsidering wanting one.. I might have to hit up petcenter and grab one of the 4inch T.strimis he has for sale :p.

Go for It!

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Not hard, just require close attention to conditions. The high humidity they need is a breeding ground for mold, fungus, and bacteria.
You have to balance the ventilation and humidity. Theraphosa can dehydrate very quickly, and are prone to bad molts when fed to obesity.
Beautiful species, but require close attention.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Scool said it well. They require close attention. very different than your average T. I look in on my pair daily, check the guages, and am very diligent in cleaning out Bolus' and making sure the water is fresh.

xray_chic

3 Year Member
Update-- She is doing great. She molted already. Eats everything I throw in. Size ?? Maybe 6 inches or so. And yes, schoolman, I have done my homework.
image.jpg