• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My LP

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
After fasting for 23 days, last night I could see the little fellow was getting ready to pop.

IMG_20200224_232318~2.jpg

This morning:

IMG_20200225_083402~2.jpg

I may post another picture if I'm able to get a good one of him later.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Omgosh he so cute

Thank you so much. He don't act cute (I call them all he until I know the sex), he's a stroppy little devil. I think his enclosure is probably the biggest pain to maintain at the moment, on account of how much he freaks out when you open it. However, I'm very much looking forward to him getting out of the sling stage, I can't wait to see the juvenile Gomper. He'll look gorgeous.

E

ExMember

Thank you so much. He don't act cute (I call them all he until I know the sex), he's a stroppy little devil. I think his enclosure is probably the biggest pain to maintain at the moment, on account of how much he freaks out when you open it. However, I'm very much looking forward to him getting out of the sling stage, I can't wait to see the juvenile Gomper. He'll look gorgeous.
It's funny what we go through to look after the little ones :)

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Possibly time for a rehouse

IMG_20200229_022238.jpg

The above was without flash. With flash, he blends into the substrate. Tried measuring him and he's around 3.5cm dls. Still a little baby!

IMG_20200229_022300.jpg

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
The Tower of Gomper

Rehoused him a few days ago as he was way too fast and skittish in his outgrown enclosure. He was due a rehouse.

Decided to just go with what I had to hand until I get something better. Grabbed an empty clean cricket tub and 5 mins later he was duly deposited in it.

IMG_20200330_234006~2.jpg

Hour or 2 later he was scurrying about carrying great balls of substrate so I watched interested in what he was going to construct.

IMG_20200331_015213~2.jpg

I present to you, ladies and gentlemen, the result of his handiwork. He worked tirelessly for 3 days making it!!

IMG_20200401_212445~2.jpg

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The Tower of Gomper

Rehoused him a few days ago as he was way too fast and skittish in his outgrown enclosure. He was due a rehouse.

Decided to just go with what I had to hand until I get something better. Grabbed an empty clean cricket tub and 5 mins later he was duly deposited in it.

View attachment 44474

Hour or 2 later he was scurrying about carrying great balls of substrate so I watched interested in what he was going to construct.

View attachment 44475

I present to you, ladies and gentlemen, the result of his handiwork. He worked tirelessly for 3 days making it!!

View attachment 44476
did you have Close Encounters of the 3rd kind on TV? Richard Dreyfuss would be proud of that.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Any updates on Gomper?
Hi Poppy

This is him a while ago. Is doing great and is pretty feisty at times! I ended up with another LP sling too several months ago and find that one is a lot more of a burrower than Gomper ever was. Most of it I've seen in the last couple of months is the occasional leg.

Attachments

• IMG_20201002_220343~2.jpg
    IMG_20201002_220343~2.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts