• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My LP

Jess S

Greedy Gomper has been Not So Greedy Gomper since moulting a week ago and has been refusing to eat mealworms. Managed to get tiny crickets yesterday and put one and a mealworm in. Overkill! Came down to the best ever sight of Gomper chomping the cricket over the waterdish. The mealworm was untouched. Guess it's just a fussy beep beep!

IMG_20190928_053819~2.jpg

Jess S

Gomper had another cricket tonight and sorry for the blurry close up taken through the lid, butI wanted to post it to show the leg growth.

IMG_20191001_011105~2.jpg

One heck of a set of legs! See a lot less of it since moulting as it actively hides under it's leaf, whereas before it was out all the time. It only comes out in the dark now. If I turn on the light, it scurries back under the leaf.

Jess S

Thought I'd update my Greedy Gomper thread, even though there's not a lot to say other than its butt is beginning to resemble a builders bum ...

IMG_20191014_003305~2.jpg

Spends most of its time hiding under the leaf. Only eats around 7-10 days, though I have been offering every 3 days in the hope of speeding up it's moulting cycle (cue despairing laughter). Probably will start offering once a week, until it shows signs of wanting to feed more often.

SikmT7

3 Year Member
Premium Member
Thought I'd update my Greedy Gomper thread, even though there's not a lot to say other than its butt is beginning to resemble a builders bum ...

View attachment 41379

Spends most of its time hiding under the leaf. Only eats around 7-10 days, though I have been offering every 3 days in the hope of speeding up it's moulting cycle (cue despairing laughter). Probably will start offering once a week, until it shows signs of wanting to feed more often.
Awww Gomper is getting pudgy :)

SikmT7

3 Year Member
Premium Member
He spent a good 18 hours eating that cricket. Loved how he discarded the left over bit in his waterdish
Wow Gomper really savored the meal :) I like it when they put the bolus in a place where it is easy to see it and remove it, with my M. balfouris they dont make it that easy lol.

Latest posts