• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My juvenile t hasn’t molted in 4 months

ellat

Hii, I have a juvenile pamphobeteus sp. Machala who has not been sexed yet. I’ve had her since November of last year and she lives in a 2 gallon- I’m worried because she hasn’t molted in a while, and she’s mainly stationary in her enclosure, I mist it twice a day and she didn’t take the last roach I gave to her about 2-3 weeks ago. Ive been waking up every morning hoping she molts but still nothing.

I’ve handled her about twice but that was ages ago so I don’t think it was stressful, and ignore how messy her enclosure is I really need to spruce it up a bit

*the first image is the most recent one I’ve taken of her, the second is from around September*

She’s my first ever tarantula so these things are really new to me, I’ve had millipedes and centipede but nothing as crazy as her yet.
She’s got a plump abdomen and a bald spot so I know she is due a molt but at this point it’s been a while since she’s eaten, and she’s been less and less active, I really love her and I would hate to wake up to her not having made it- any suggestions or explanations are extremely appreciated :))
3A48D8CD-84E8-4C3D-8F69-0D976AD8DE35.jpeg
957253D3-7058-4561-BDB7-3259D5227624.jpeg

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have had an Aphonopelma johnnycashi sling for over well over 2 years & in all that time it has maybe molted once.

tarantulas118

thats pretty normal. I have a juvenile Brachypelma boehmei that has never molted with me and I’ve had it for 4 months since August. Anyways I’m sure your spider is just fine they do this sometimes. Also I don’t think You should be misting it as often as you do, here is something that might help you
also, with all the signs your pointing out I think your spider might molt soon.