• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

mods?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I've just messaged the 3 mods so we'll see if there is any response from them

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It's like the Roanoke colony for mods around here..no trace was ever found..(X files music) Was there a....Mass Exodus...of mods?
Maybe we should offer something other than dubia and entice them back?
(OH! everyone of my bigger T's will now eat dubia, zombie still curses me if I put one in her enclosure, my little B vagan jumped a prekilled and dragged it into her burrow, things as large as she is, but I'm out of crickets, cats snacked while I was in the hospital)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Maybe we should offer something other than dubia and entice them back?
(OH! everyone of my bigger T's will now eat dubia, zombie still curses me if I put one in her enclosure, my little B vagan jumped a prekilled and dragged it into her burrow, things as large as she is, but I'm out of crickets, cats snacked while I was in the hospital)
I hate to say I told you so...but yep, I told you so :)

Stevoblue

3 Year Member
If you would like to volunteer please send an email to [email protected]
and tell him you will volunteer for moderator duties.
I would volunteer myself but I am new to the forum and I believe a more senior member would be a better choice.

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If you would like to volunteer please send an email to [email protected]
and tell him you will volunteer for moderator duties.
I would volunteer myself but I am new to the forum and I believe a more senior member would be a better choice.

I believe folks are trying to get in touch with him and are not having any luck.

It would be a true shame if this board went down. It offers a wonderful, friendly, more laid-back alternative to other places, and I really enjoy interacting with you find folks here. I've noticed the spam and was wondering where the mods were myself. I was really hoping there would be some good news on this thread about the situation. UGH

Edit: and apparently he did answer someone. Sweet!

Last edited:

Stevoblue

3 Year Member
I emailed him last night and he replied to me within a couple of hours. He asked me if I knew any volunteers. I mentioned one other person who hinted they would from this thread. As I am new here I don't feel qualified to name drop. I figured it would be more effective if intrested volunteers emailed him directly.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I've just emailed Josh at the address Stevoblue gave.

This is what I said:-
Hi Josh,
There is some concern on the forum that there don’t appear to be any moderators operating any more and consequently there are a lot of spam threads cropping up. There is also concern that the forum may fold unless bills are paid and I think there are quite a few members that would be happy to contribute if that became necessary.
It is such a helpful friendly forum with new members joining almost every day that we feel it is well worth saving.
I’d happily volunteer as a moderator but I feel, being in the UK, I don’t have enough knowledge of US laws regarding the keeping etc of tarantulas.
Please let me know if there is anything that we can do to help.
Regards,
Enn49

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Look under Site Announcements - Josh has begun a thread for nominations.

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just out of curiosity, which posts were harmful to the hobby? I don't remember them..there's always some silliness and joking around, there's been a few blowups, but harmful to the hobby? I'm honestly curious which posts you're referring to.
To mention them or link to them would simply draw more attention to them. I said my peace in them and suggested the discussions end, and that a mod delete the threads. Alas, with no moderation, they still linger for all to see.
If for no other reason than to protect our hobby, moderation is needed. There are plenty of new comers every day, they do not always know the ins and outs, as was clearly demonstrated already. With no moderation, when things get out of hand they will stay that way.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'll be honest with you, I think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill. There's no problem here except spam build up..This forum has been doing fine for some time without threads or posts being deleted. I'm not a fan of censorship and I'm a big believer in free speech. You and I disagree on this on a very basic level, there's not much point in continuing the discussion I suppose.

Latest posts