• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Learned a lesson the hard way...:(

Sabeth

3 Year Member
My tiny A. geniculata sling unfortunately escaped through one of the ventilation holes in his container. I had some concerns about the diameter of the holes when I first saw his size, so for the first couple of days I put the jar inside a bigger enclosure with a lid of smaller holes just in case. When he didn't get out, I assumed all was well, removed the jar and set it on my desk. Well, wouldn't you know, that night he escaped. I am so upset...my parents and I looked for him but you may as well try to find a needle in a haystack as a sling in your bedroom! He's probably going to end up dying without food or adequate humidty. I have another A. genic coming but I'm still extremely disappointed...I was in tears when I found this one gone. :(

Well, my point is, please don't let this happen to you! It's terrible. Any of you who have had a T get loose and have not found it know what I'm talking about. Don't underestimate the small space required for a sling to escape, it doesn't take much.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Im so sorry to hear that Sabeth. You never know it might turn up safe and well. I hope so. Hopefully other people might have ideas to help you find it.

lanny

3 Year Member
Awhile back I had an LP sling that I felt sorry for because it's encloser was so small. So I put him in a larger 1, who'd a thunk it would be able to get thru the little air holes in the new 1 I still think one of these days a giant T is going to leap on me when I go in my T room.Good luck on finding it. Lanny

Kurt Nelson

3 Year Member
Put out some like cardboard tubes around your room "toilet paper rolls". Put it in the warmest parts of the room, put a dead feeder in it and hope for the best. Leave out little water dishes too if you want and go peaking around at night. I'm sure it will be fine and you'll find it eventually. Sorry for your loss though!

spiderengineer

3 Year Member
I am sure he will turn up look around to were the enclosure was, around furniture, on the wall. you are not the first person to have a T escape and be found a few days later and you won't be the last. its only truly lost until you stop looking for it.

Latest posts