• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my LP a he...or a she?

Adrock

I'm late to the post, and I would definitely trust quite a few here to sex it, but...There are some great YouTube videos on how to sex your T!
Also, just hearing the word "Blockbuster" alone is hilarious. My kids don't even know what anything related to renting movies is other than Redbox

LC72uk

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Lol, remember having to wind the tape back inside with a pencil when they got eaten? I had my dad's Eagles 8 track for the longest time..lost it somewhere years ago.
Is this the one you had Mass?
20180903_114101.jpg

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Did you know that the very last 8 Track ever to be released in the US was Michael Jackson`s Thriller in 1983. In the UK they were over and done with by 1976, they didn`t catch on .
For good reason, they were a pain in the ass, lol. I remember when thriller came out, I think I was in 3rd grade or so. So many of us sweet, soft young boys were thrilled by his music. Little did we know..he really was a wolf..rofl

LC72uk

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
For good reason, they were a pain in the ass, lol. I remember when thriller came out, I think I was in 3rd grade or so. So many of us sweet, soft young boys were thrilled by his music. Little did we know..he really was a wolf..rofl
The 8 Track lasted over here for no more than 2 years at the most, they originally fitted in Cars over here then they started making them for the home.
As for Jackson, never been a lover of he`s music, I don`t mind the J5 though the late 60`s early 70`s stuff certainly not the Disco crap they released from 77 on wards.. I was 12 when Thriller came out.

Ed Zeppelin

3 Year Member
The 8 Track lasted over here for no more than 2 years at the most, they originally fitted in Cars over here then they started making them for the home.
As for Jackson, never been a lover of he`s music, I don`t mind the J5 though the late 60`s early 70`s stuff certainly not the Disco crap they released from 77 on wards.. I was 12 when Thriller came out.

Speaking of cars, The Cars are my all-time fave band. And as far as Disco is concerned...it still sux. Just my two cents.
:T:

Michelelee

269B7909-DB88-48A5-9265-D31F0236BCB8.jpeg
I’m new to this forum. I have a 6-7 year old Rosy who molted for the third times a few days ago. Can anyone tell me if the area between the book lungs looks like a female or male? I can raise the little “flap” so I’m hoping it’s a female.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
View attachment 32090 I’m new to this forum. I have a 6-7 year old Rosy who molted for the third times a few days ago. Can anyone tell me if the area between the book lungs looks like a female or male? I can raise the little “flap” so I’m hoping it’s a female.
Female. If you flip the top..er..lip, you should see two little protrusions. Google tarantula spermathecae chart, I'm sure the rosea is in there.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
View attachment 32094

Does the abdomen on my Rosey look ok? She’s just molted and it’s darker than it looks in the picture. I just want to make sure that it’s normal for a Chilean Rose Hair.
She looks great. Sometimes the molting process will take a lot out of them, and they'll have a much smaller abdomen. When they molt and look plump still, it means you have a well fed spider that molted easily. That little reflective patch is common on many sp. as well. She looks healthy as a horse.

Michelelee

She looks great. Sometimes the molting process will take a lot out of them, and they'll have a much smaller abdomen. When they molt and look plump still, it means you have a well fed spider that molted easily. That little reflective patch is common on many sp. as well. She looks healthy as a horse.
Awesome! Thanks MassExodus! I was nervous that the circular patch on her abdomen had mites on it or something. Her carpace is beautiful ! Hairy is now Harriet! Lol !

Michelelee

I have another question. It’s been a week since my Rose Hair has molted and I’ve tried giving her a cricket but she ignores it and just lays in the corner of her enclosure , stretched out. Do you think she’s ok?

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have another question. It’s been a week since my Rose Hair has molted and I’ve tried giving her a cricket but she ignores it and just lays in the corner of her enclosure , stretched out. Do you think she’s ok?
Sometimes, especially with larger spiders, it takes more than a week to recover from a molt. I had a large Lp that wouldnt eat for a month after a molt. She's fine, just recovering from her rebirth ;) Try again in a week, just make sure she has fresh water in her dish.

Michelelee

Sometimes, especially with larger spiders, it takes more than a week to recover from a molt. I had a large Lp that wouldnt eat for a month after a molt. She's fine, just recovering from her rebirth ;) Try again in a week, just make sure she has fresh water in her dish.
Thanks! I’ll take the cricket out so it won’t stress her. I hope you’re recovering from your bite! I don’t feel so badly about always using tongs when working in her enclosure after reading your post!

Latest posts