• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my LP a he...or a she?

Ed Zeppelin

3 Year Member
Hey everyone,

A few months ago I was reading on some web site that if you send them a molt they could sex it for you with reasonable accuracy. Of course I didn't bookmark it so now I'm sitting here with an LP molt not knowing where to send it or what to do next. Any ideas/suggestions? Thanx.
:T:
BTW, this is my last surviving LP. I switched over to CDs back in the late 80s. :D

Last edited:

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If you can post a good clear pic of the moult on here someone will be able to sex it for you.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
original.gif

Ed Zeppelin

3 Year Member
What size is it? If its an adult just give us a ventral or molt pic.

Don't know the size yet. And at the risk of sounding ignorant, just what is a ventral? I suppose I could Google it but I'd rather have you tell me. I trust this forum.

Ed Zeppelin

3 Year Member
Lol, remember having to wind the tape back inside with a pencil when they got eaten? I had my dad's Eagles 8 track for the longest time..lost it somewhere years ago.

Ah, the memories. I remember when Blockbuster Video threatened to charge you 50 cents if you didn't rewind their VHS tape when you returned it.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Don't know the size yet. And at the risk of sounding ignorant, just what is a ventral? I suppose I could Google it but I'd rather have you tell me. I trust this forum.

The ventral is the underside of the T, dorsal is the upperside

crystalfreakkk

3 Year Member
And everyone reading this under 30 or 40 is going: "LP? And what's a CD? Is that some sort of retirement investment thingy???"

But I got your joke and found it funny.

All millennials have vinyls now. Definitely considered one of the better and cooler ways to listen to music nowadays. Mp3 is so lame. Thought I would chime in because I’m definitely younger than 30 or 40 and I have more records than I have tarantulas which is really saying something.

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
All millennials have vinyls now. Definitely considered one of the better and cooler ways to listen to music nowadays. Mp3 is so lame. Thought I would chime in because I’m definitely younger than 30 or 40 and I have more records than I have tarantulas which is really saying something.
I do too. Packed away. Somewhere...

Latest posts