• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my baby a female?

Teresaisrad

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I purchased leaf litter.
I like a lot of Biodudes items.

x_raphael_xx

so it feels weird to be told there is such thing as an enclosure that it too big for a T.
Its like the first year I hibernated my tortoise, felt so strange to just stop feeding an animal for weeks.
That's what I love about exotic pets, they're weird, wonderful and fascinating to watch and learn about.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
For my G. pulchras, roses and pulchripes, I have placed cork bark half rounds or flats and then started a tunnel and let them do what they want. As slings, all but the roseas, have spent days even weeks in their hides. The sub inch roseas usually run inside their hides when I open their enclosures, unless they are hungry. All have gradually expanded their hides as they grew.

They don't seem to like the rounds as I am guessing they like to dig themselves.

NorseDad

I second the Bio Dude. Their substrate is more pricey that coco fiber, but I like it more. They have great bioactive stuff if you ever feel like venturing into that world.

I like your setup, and I'm sure your T will like it. Don't get too discouraged about her messing up the place. I made a very elaborate enclosure with live plants and a really unique cork hide for my A. seemanni Paulie once. In one night she had ripped all the plants up and dug a hole next to the cork instead of using it. They like making it their own.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
I second the Bio Dude. Their substrate is more pricey that coco fiber, but I like it more. They have great bioactive stuff if you ever feel like venturing into that world.

I like your setup, and I'm sure your T will like it. Don't get too discouraged about her messing up the place. I made a very elaborate enclosure with live plants and a really unique cork hide for my A. seemanni Paulie once. In one night she had ripped all the plants up and dug a hole next to the cork instead of using it. They like making it their own.
Yes for sure and I think that independence and quirkyness is a part of why we enjoy keeping these so called "pet rocks."

SpiderRider1996

I have one curly hair but its always hiding and sealing its burrow. Sometimes I open the burrow to look at it and then I sealed it back with the dirt/web mixture. Hopefully, yours will not do that :)

Arlo

I have one curly hair but its always hiding and sealing its burrow. Sometimes I open the burrow to look at it and then I sealed it back with the dirt/web mixture. Hopefully, yours will not do that :)
Mine luckily digged a hole right near the side of the tank, so even when she is hiding I can still see her ehehe and every night around 11pm she comes out and begins moving EVERYTHING around in her little house.

I found these two memes last night that made me chuckle really hard. You'd probably enjoy them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210922-110133_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210922-110133_Instagram.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20210921-083336_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210921-083336_Instagram.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 11

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
Mine luckily digged a hole right near the side of the tank, so even when she is hiding I can still see her ehehe and every night around 11pm she comes out and begins moving EVERYTHING around in her little house.

I found these two memes last night that made me chuckle really hard. You'd probably enjoy them.
Lol very funny and true.
As for burrowing, my tarantulas at first would not dig near the sides, but as they got bigger they had no choice.

Latest posts