• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

injured limbs

stacey

3 Year Member
While cleaning the enclosure - I accidentally let the glass flap go and it slammed onto my poor T first few limbs.
He can still walk - limbs not broken- look a bit flattened, he appeared to be grooming them, for a while, can stil walk around, but not interested in eating - he is nearly 8 months old has had 5 molts.

Is he going to survive?

I feel terrible :-(

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just read that you have a Versi. If that's the T in question, how big is it? at 5 molts should be around 2.5" or so.

stacey

3 Year Member
Hi there - its a versicolour no bleeding that I can see - looks like three limbs got a bit flattened when glass flam of enclosure flipped closed on them. He is a little larger than this photo now - two further molts, attached picture. las molt was 19 October. Thanks so much

Attachments

• DSC_4657.JPG
    DSC_4657.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 10

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ok, not much you can do. as long as there is no blood or damage to the abdomen it should survive. It may remove a leg or two though. Luckily after a few moults they will fully regenerate.
good luck

stacey

3 Year Member
so he isn't going to die? no injury to abdomen just to tips of 2 legs and one of the other appendages(don't know the name) I am a newbie - will be be able to spin, walk around and feed normally? I have a 12 year old who is so not speaking to me right now.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
yeah, at this point it's a waiting game. You should be fine, but I'd suggest you leave it alone for a good while. Put it somewhere dark and quiet, don't feed it for a week or so, and just monitor it's behavior.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
so he isn't going to die? no injury to abdomen just to tips of 2 legs and one of the other appendages(don't know the name) I am a newbie - will be be able to spin, walk around and feed normally? I have a 12 year old who is so not speaking to me right now.

It shouldn't die. I've seen them survive much worse. Word of advice, Versicolors tend to get nasty as they grow into adults, so be cautious in your hadleing.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh
While cleaning the enclosure - I accidentally let the glass flap go and it slammed onto my poor T first few limbs.
He can still walk - limbs not broken- look a bit flattened, he appeared to be grooming them, for a while, can stil walk around, but not interested in eating - he is nearly 8 months old has had 5 molts.

Is he going to survive?

I feel terrible :-(
I do feel Sorry for ya but try not to get upset they are tougher then we think

stacey

3 Year Member
hi all V8 seems fine, spun himself a new web, just holding one limb up, but creeping around. taking advice and leaving in dark and alone for a few days. what a great forum, thanks all

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks for the update stacey! Glad to hear things seem to be getting better! :)

stacey

3 Year Member
hello all V8 seems good! just holding one leg up but seems mobile, keeping him quite, dark and secure! Thanks for checking in Harleyqueen