• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I never see my little Green Bottle Blue

mindburner

3 Year Member
hi Ziggy my small 5cm, female (I think) GBB which now spends practically all of her time in the half coconut shell hide. It's webbed up in there and she just stays put.

She has just recently molted bu still never comes out. IS this normal behavior?

I'm prtty new to T's I just haveone other one a Flame knee

Attachments

• PENT3011.JPG
    PENT3011.JPG
    447.8 KB · Views: 78
  • PENT3013.JPG
    PENT3013.JPG
    275.4 KB · Views: 73

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I don't really see what the problem is. It's hard to say what is "normal" with a tarantula. Some individuals are just more reclusive than others. That's how it is.

Oodalolie

3 Year Member
My GBB sling is fairly active, it rarely stays in place for longer than a day. It seems to only go in the hide to eat, which is about every four days or so. Is the temperature warm enough for yours?
But, like Chubbs said, it could just be your Ts personality C: as long as it's eating and molting healthily, I don't think it's anything to worry about!

2G33K4U

3 Year Member
Odd all my G.B.Bs are always out in center of the white carpet they make. is the substrate wet? even my slings are smack dab in center of the webbing.

mindburner

3 Year Member
Yes shes on about 2 inches of dry coconut fibre substrate. Temp is around 26 deg c and humidity about 35% with a small water dish

she's just barricaded herself in again. She has molted once since I got her about 8 weeks ago

PENT3115.JPG

PamCz

3 Year Member
Sounds okay. It's most likely just more reclusive. GBBs are fast growers tho...mine averages one molt per month. Could be in pre molt again if it's been a few weeks since the last one.

I know your frustration...I have a Euathlus sp. Cebu that hardly EVER comes out. :( Frustrating to not be able to see it much. But, it eats, molts and webs, even regenerated the leg it was missing when I got it....so, I guess I'll deal. lol...:D All I can hope for is that is sits out more as it gets larger. *fingers crossed*

mindburner

3 Year Member
Hi. Well this forum must have some magical effects. As of last night. The spider had made a little opening into its den and now sits at the entrance, pouncing on anything edible try comes it's way.

So best of both worlds , it's gets privacy and I get to see. I'll see if I can get a photo later.

Mostly comes out after midnight, mostly.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Looks to me like she is just getting started with the webbing. Giver her some time and she will be more visible once the enclosure is fully webbed. At least that has been my experiences.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
She's beautiful! I, too, think that once she starts webbing more you'll see her more.
My little one has webbed up her whole tub (including the lid, which is a shame when I have to open it) and sits on top of it. It never bothered with any of the hides provided.

mindburner

3 Year Member
cheers guys, she's very voracious and basically has a go at anything that comes remotely near her hideout. I mostly feed small crickets and some calci worms.

Latest posts