• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I’ve seen that I have been getting some mold growing on my trenchless Burrow log

Joemaster

You don't have to care for them in anyway as they live off of the damp substrate and eat all the mould and stuff like that so they don't need anything additional -
I can't specifically say how long they live for but they will die off once the substrate dries out but you will find a few in or around the water dish but that's normal :)
Would I get a small container and put all of them in there and get a spoonful like every time I don’t know how many spoonfuls you put in there like a week or a month?

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Would I get a small container and put all of them in there and get a spoonful like every time I don’t know how many spoonfuls you put in there like a week or a month?
They usually come in a container when you buy them so they can just stay in there, just put a spoonful in leave it a month and I'm sure you will see the difference - usually springtails are only added just the once to the enclosure as they do such a good job you never need to add anymore :)

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I hate to be the one to be the one to write this, but it has to be done.

If you are in the states, you should try to find someone in your own state, as there are laws prohibiting sales of things like isopods across state lines without a permit. I don't know the details behind these laws, but each state has their own.

On the note of the thread, if you do what has already been recommended, the substrate will dry out eventually.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I hate to be the one to be the one to write this, but it has to be done.

If you are in the states, you should try to find someone in your own state, as there are laws prohibiting sales of things like isopods across state lines without a permit. I don't know the details behind these laws, but each state has their own.

On the note of the thread, if you do what has already been recommended, the substrate will dry out eventually.
I'm in the UK so my replies have been based on how easy and available springtails are over here.. It never for one minute crossed my mind that laws in the US would prevent the sale of isopods across certain state lines? From the outside looking in some of the US laws surrounding inverts in general are just crazy to me o_O

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm in the UK so my replies have been based on how easy and available springtails are over here.. It never for one minute crossed my mind that laws in the US would prevent the sale of isopods across certain state lines? From the outside looking in some of the US laws surrounding inverts in general are just crazy to me o_O
One of thousands of reasons I want to move to the UK. Cheshire or leeds to be specific.

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I am a Navy veteran. The US administrative policies, no matter who is in power, is a nightmare. For example, this is the country who rebelled against England on the basis of taxation. Today, if you are an American citizen, you can't escape taxes. So, if Panzo decides to live as an expat in Cheshire, he will forever be paying US income tax. The US is the only nation in the world who taxes people who no longer live or work in the country. AND, this includes social security taxes. MEH! :mad:

Tigerpunkk

3 Year Member
From the outside looking in some of the US laws surrounding inverts in general are just crazy to me o_O

I’m pretty sure these laws are primarily because the USA has such varied environments that we could easily create an invasive species problem. For example, some feeders like dubia roaches aren’t legal in Florida because they would thrive in that environment.

New2T’s

3 Year Member
I’m pretty sure these laws are primarily because the USA has such varied environments that we could easily create an invasive species problem. For example, some feeders like dubia roaches aren’t legal in Florida because they would thrive in that environment.
B. Lateralis aka red runners are banned in Florida bc they are an invasive species. I haven’t seen where Dubia are banned.

Latest posts