• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I’m officially in the hobby again/expo pick ups

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
After a year and some change out of the hobby, I’m back officially.

I went to a local expo (my first time actually at an expo) with intentions of getting a few things.

I ended up picking up the following:

0.0.3 H. villosella (pretty big slings)
1.1.0 Chicobolus spinigerus (ivory millipedes)
VFT (Venus flytrap)
Albino Sundew

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome back to the hobby! what species are you planning to have this time compared to what you had before? :)
All of them.

I do want to get back into US Aphonopelmas however. Not to mention Phormictopus, Psalmopoeus, and all the so called “baboon” species except for S. calceatum and H. maculata (for now).

I also want to branch out into other inverts, specifically pedes, isopods, and possibly hissers or scorpions with mild venom.

Jeef

3 Year Member
Welcome back!

I do like the Aohonopelmas. I've perpetually got an eye out for juvies/adults because they grow so slow.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome back!

I do like the Aohonopelmas. I've perpetually got an eye out for juvies/adults because they grow so slow.
Same here, I prefer trying to find breeding pairs specifically.

Before I left the hobby, I was looking into getting adults of every US Aphonopelma species available, breeding them and seriously studying them for fun and I guess for the sake of science. I’d like to start that again at some point.