• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How many brachy species do you have?

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
2 new new brachys arrived today :)

Brachypelma kahlenbergi and Brachypelma verdezi to add to...

Brachypelma Albiceps x 8
Brachypelma Albopilosum x 4 (3 true and 1 hobby form)
Brachypelma Annitha x5
Brachypelma Auratum x2
Brachypelma baumgarteni x4
Brachypelma Boehmei x3
Brachypelma Emelia x6
Brachypelma Klaasi x4
Brachypelma schroederi x1
Brachypelma Smithi (Hamorii) x 9
Brachypelma vagans x 2
....and what I lovingly call my "mystery brachy"
Pics of the new arrivals are below.
20181207_110629.jpg
20181207_110044.jpg

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have 4 brachys:

3x B sabolsum slings from Arachnoclown

B sabolsum sling 4 switch 2.jpg

&

1 B hamorii juvenile.

B hamorii Samaria likes moss 3.jpg

Here's one of the slings chilling out. They grow slowly, especially if you're used to OW slings but they start to get pretty much earlier then you ever expect.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The fact that you did it online basically blows his cover making the mad cap affair impossible.

Another member from Australia has these orange huntsmen spiders in his house from outside that he considers pests....alas it's illegal.

There are quite a few red rump tarantula species and all are awesome. Come to think of it, I can't think of any brachy that is unattractive.

I'm sure you have stuff in Europe that we don't have in the States.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The fact that you did it online basically blows his cover making the mad cap affair impossible.

Another member from Australia has these orange huntsmen spiders in his house from outside that he considers pests....alas it's illegal.

There are quite a few red rump tarantula species and all are awesome. Come to think of it, I can't think of any brachy that is unattractive.

I'm sure you have stuff in Europe that we don't have in the States.

Yeah we don't do too bad to be fair....and I agree all brachy are awesome. So far I have..
Brachypelma Albiceps x 8
Brachypelma Albopilosum x 4 (3 true and 1 hobby form)
Brachypelma Annitha x5
Brachypelma Auratum x2
Brachypelma baumgarteni x4
Brachypelma Boehmei x3
Brachypelma Emelia x6
Brachypelma kahlenbergi x1
Brachypelma Klaasi x4
Brachypelma schroederi x1
Brachypelma Smithi (Hamorii) x 9 Brachypelma vagans x 2 .
Braxhypelma verdezi x1
...and what I lovingly call the "mystery brachy" - Likely albiceps with either Klasii or boheimi at a guess looking at leg/abdomen colours (picture is in my gallery if interested).

missing I believe for the full house:
Brachypelma andrewi
Brachypelma aureoceps
Brachypelma epicureanum
Brachypelma fossorium
Brachypelma. sabulosum

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
yeah they are. I get the majority of new ones from Poland but Germany is definately 'up and coming' in the hobby.

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Phil: if you were on “the site which shall not be named”, you could be shown as “Brachygod”. More impressive is that Brachys are new world tarantulas. I am a dumb sap from across the pond....and I only have 3.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Phil: if you were on “the site which shall not be named”, you could be shown as “Brachygod”. More impressive is that Brachys are new world tarantulas. I am a dumb sap from across the pond....and I only have 3.
LOL....I would rather stick pins in my eyes whilst standing in a bucket of cold elephant piss than go on "the site that shall not be named". :D
3 is good buddy.....especially when one of them is what I am looking for.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
so....anyone in the UK have any of the following available?

Brachypelma andrewi
Brachypelma aureoceps
Brachypelma epicureanum
Brachypelma fossorium

note: I am EXCLUDING Brachypelma angustum as I understand this has been reclassified to Sericopelma. Is this correct?????

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
LOL....I would rather stick pins in my eyes whilst standing in a bucket of cold elephant piss than go on "the site that shall not be named". :D
3 is good buddy.....especially when one of them is what I am looking for.

I agree. With all that attitude, how can you know if they are just trying to get you to waste time or if it's even good information?

Nevertheless, brachys tend to make me happy. I might even get a B vagans if I can shoehorn a cage in there somewhere. Those have got to be the most underated species anywhere.

I've found that price only loosely (if at all) is corrolated with general coolness or the effort required for proper care.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Love the juvenile brown color...do you know the sex???
unfortunately not :( . A pet store had 2 and I chose the one that looked a little bit more drab. the other had really vivid red hairs on the abdomen, this one has more of a burnt orange colour (not that you can tell from the photo). I have taken the females usually not as colourful approach....this was one was slightly bigger build too. I know non of those are true indicators but went with my gut on this one so fingers crossed :)

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
unfortunately not :( . A pet store had 2 and I chose the one that looked a little bit more drab. the other had really vivid red hairs on the abdomen, this one has more of a burnt orange colour (not that you can tell from the photo). I have taken the females usually not as colourful approach....this was one was slightly bigger build too. I know non of those are true indicators but went with my gut on this one so fingers crossed :)
Good luck....the males are more vibrant. ;)

Latest posts