• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi I'm new n I need some advice wit Kb T

N8tive556

3 Year Member
You don't want to put too too much cause she's gonna excavate and she'll need plenty of room to put the substrate so I'd say a good 5 inches of substrate should be adequate

Rico1418

3 Year Member
I'm like a kid with a new train set n yes I figured she was a girl I've been reading... n thanks for the info I appreciate it

N8tive556

3 Year Member
I know that feeling! Lol I just got a few new Ts for Christmas lol and I just can't stop checking on then every few hours lol

Rico1418

3 Year Member
I got you... I made sure it's as natural as can be.. she's working already digging her new home I left it 5 inches
IMG_2979.JPG
IMG_2978.JPG

Rico1418

3 Year Member
Now I need advise wit my ob T... think it's a girl and she's not eating maybe cause she's going to molt idk I'm just watching but I heard if it was it'll be on it's back n she's not or maybe to tired cause of a recent molt

N8tive556

3 Year Member
Now I need advise wit my ob T... think it's a girl and she's not eating maybe cause she's going to molt idk I'm just watching but I heard if it was it'll be on it's back n she's not or maybe to tired cause of a recent molt
Ts will display pre molt behaviors 1 of which is refusal to eat, how long has it been since she last ate?

Rico1418

3 Year Member
Last owner said she ate three weeks ago n since I've had her I've put crickets in n she doesn't go for them

N8tive556

3 Year Member
Just remember if she doesn't go for the crickets, take them out, crickets can be deadly to a molting T, as long as you offer her good clean water and a feeder or two weekly she will be good, but I can't stress enough if she doesn't easy the crickets get em out asap also based on what you've said may be pre molt behavior

Pearl Dusenbery

3 Year Member
From what I can c it doesn't look real bad
I used a mix of potting soil n jungle mix which it has everything

My personal fav is eco earth coconut husk and jungle mix. Idk if u noticed in the jungle mix that there r some pretty big and pointy pieces of wood. One thing I always do is sift the jungle mix by hand and take those pieces out cuz they can puncture ur T as they crawl over them and as they burrow past them which is a real bad thing to happen. It only takes a little extra time but it saves so much in the long run. Good luck

Rico1418

3 Year Member
Thanks you got me pulling out twigs... I've used coco husk n I noticed bugs forming how do you prevent that?

Pearl Dusenbery

3 Year Member
Lol glad I could drive u as nuts as I am right now (just set up my large enclosure for my G. Pulchra). I personally have not had any trouble with coconut husk and the combination is perfect for my taste and needs. Use whatever suits u and ur T's best. Hopefully someone will come along that can answer ur question and remember none of us on here r the all knowing T experts but there r a lot of great ideas. When I have a problem I post it here and I use the advice combination that I think will work best for me. Ur choice of substrate is great as long as it works for u. We all just want to make sure u and ur T r safe.

Man I got a little winded on that. Lol. Idk if u r trying to do everything that everyone says or not. We r all very helpful here and give lots of opinions. OMG I think I had too much coffee I started again. LMAO

Rico1418

3 Year Member
Noooooo I like the topic n yes I put everyone's ideas together as well as my own.. the t's are so new to me n I'm so hooked lol do you know what site I could shop in for more delivery to NYC

Latest posts