• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Quinn

So I literally just got a Tucson Blonde Tarantula yesterday. I was told she's about 10 years old, and I would say she's around 3-3'1/2 inches. I had her out on my hand when I was switching her to her new tank and she ran off my hand. She fell about 6-12inches I think. And she landed with her legs down. I picked her up and didn't see any ruptures, she seems to have full mobility in all her legs and she's still moving around when I placed her in her cage. It's been about 25 minutes and she's still moving around. Is she going to be okay?! I've been freaking out for the last 25 minutes. Did I hurt her?? Is she gonna die?? How long until tarantulas start showing signs of injury?!?! What signs do I look out for?! How do I help her?? Please answer soon. I'm so terrified that I might have hurt her. Please, I love her so much and I am so worried. I'm sorry for the dark picture. It's the best I could do without flash.
20181022_222627.jpg

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Well theres absolutely nothing you can do to help her. If theres not a external rupture that doesnt mean she will be fine either. She can still have internal injuries. Hopefully she will be fine though. You should always use a container with a lid to move your tarantula in and out of their enclosures. The risk is too high for one careless fall.

Quinn

Well theres absolutely nothing you can do to help her. If theres not a external rupture that doesnt mean she will be fine either. She can still have internal injuries. Hopefully she will be fine though. You should always use a container with a lid to move your tarantula in and out of their enclosures. The risk is too high for one careless fall.
Is there anyway to know if she might have any internal injuries???

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Is there anyway to know if she might have any internal injuries???
Nope...this is why many hobbyists are against handling. I've read 100s of threads of people that are in your situation of helplessness. Theres nothing you can do but leave her be and watch her.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It's best to have a blanket or folded towel under wherea tarantula might escape to or jump from in case it falls.

A paintbrush and catch cup are your friends. If the T looks ok after 24 hours and eats, chances are it'll be fine.

Quinn

Thank you for your response. It's been almost a week since and she appears to be fine. She is very active and has eaten.

edperrydr

3 Year Member
Dropped.jpg

A little lighter look. If you look at the T on my leg, she was dropped over 2 feet, you need to see if yours will eat and look very close, lens if you have one for any damage. They can survive, but there may not be any way to tell until the next molt.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
View attachment 33151
A little lighter look. If you look at the T on my leg, she was dropped over 2 feet, you need to see if yours will eat and look very close, lens if you have one for any damage. They can survive, but there may not be any way to tell until the next molt.
That is one blurry photo...what are we supposed to be looking at?o_O

Latest posts