• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

H. incei male/female

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
image.jpg

I watched multiple insertions so fingers crossed it was a success:)
They were together about 40 minutes
And I managed to get the male separated from the female before she pinned him down and shunk her fangs into him ..

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
image.jpg
This is the last picture I took before separating them both..
I will keep her well fed for the next few weeks and hopefully she will lay a egg sac/sacs in 3 weeks ..

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well this morning i woke up and the first thing i did was go check on my T's..
i looked into my male h incei enclosure and found him semi on his back stuck on his webbing. I thought he was dying but on closer inspection he seems to be moving his pedipalps alot????
Could he be priming them with sperm??

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well at least someone in the house is getting some lol lol...
i think putting them together for a second time is risky. Ive read most males get eaten on a second introduction.
I dont mind losing the male if im successful. ..
its just nature taking its coarse i guess. ..

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Lol.... I think I'd wait and see if you get a sack, you can always try again if not.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ive made a note of when they were put together. So hopefully in the next few weeks there could be some activity from the female.. all i can do now is keep her well fed and watered and let nature take its coarse. .. exciting stuff

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So it looks like my female is starting a burrow and lining her enclosure with silk.. Does she know she is pregnant??
She seems to be spending a lot of time down the damp end of the enclosure so I will add a bigger water bowl and mist more often... I hope for babies! I will be really pleased as this is my first attempt at breeding :)

Ghost

3 Year Member
So it looks like my female is starting a burrow and lining her enclosure with silk.. Does she know she is pregnant??
She seems to be spending a lot of time down the damp end of the enclosure so I will add a bigger water bowl and mist more often... I hope for babies! I will be really pleased as this is my first attempt at breeding :)

@sym the last time I bred this species my female webbed herself in her burrow 2 days after mating and dropped a sac 26 days later,so here's hoping for a successful sac......

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Ghost .. I've been reading other people breeding reports and I was going for 26 days :)..
I've misted her enclosure again tonight as she has moved and sat over where I've misted again. She has filled her bowl with substrate so I will take it out and add a larger bowl to keep up the humidity.. I will keep you posted how I get on either way :)

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well this morning I've been a checked
And she is still on the surface :(
I'm quessing from reading other breeding reports that she should of gone underground by now..
I will keep an eye on her...

Ghost

3 Year Member
Well this morning I've been a checked
And she is still on the surface :(
I'm quessing from reading other breeding reports that she should of gone underground by now..
I will keep an eye on her...
Don't get to disappointed just yet remember you only just got the female and she didn't have a burrow already dug so she could stay on the surface a bit longer untill she digs one,also if the mating wasn't successful you still have the male to try again with in the future so all is not lost....

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Ghost . She's been moving sub about. She's made a start digging in the pre dug one I started and has also started round the other side of her bark. She spends most of her time up the damp end of the enclosure and her hide is in the dry end.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tried pairing my freshly moulted female with my freshly moulted male last night. I left the male in with her over night.
His still alive and she has blocked herself in ..:)