• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

H. incei male/female

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
hi guys/girls.
So I've had my pair of H.Incei for a few days now and they are happly living together (for now)..
I've read on the Internet that the female is the only 1 out of the 2 to have chervon markings on the adboman..
What size do these mature?
Both are 2 diffrent sizes the biggest being around 1" dls

Sym

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Enn49 . Cheers for that very helpful!
I also think I have 2 females :)
But will have a good look tonight when I get in from work ..

Sym

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Male
image.jpg

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
The males don't change in appearance untill their maturing molt. My buddy that bred the slings I have said his MM was about 2.5" ish

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@MatthewM1 .
So they could be either sex then? Interesting
image.jpg

The one in the right of the picture is smaller than the other. And I can see chevrons coming throught.

Sym

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
One other bit of dimorphism ive noticed in looking at pictures of mature specimens is that the females seem to loose the light band between the tarsus and metatarsus when mature and the males seem to retain it.

But this is just based off looking at photos so im not 100% on it

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My smallest incei moulted last week and it's over 1 " dls. My second incei is roughly 2" dls. The abdomen on the 2" is shiney but no colour change haven't seen it take food for over a week now. Could a moult be on its way ? Hard to tell as it hasn't changed in apperience like my other T's do in premoult.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Looked into my biggest H.Incei enclosure and its started to go darker.. Fingers crossed it's a female :)

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So my biggest H.Incei has decided to moult and it's changed .
image.jpg

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So my biggest H.Incei is a male. Can anyone tell me how long my male will live ?

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@spidey noob . Morning. Yeah it's last moult it changed into a male . I can tell this from the hooks on its front legs. I also have a smaller H.Incei I'm hoping for a female and she matures before he dies. Will be my first breeding attempt. But knowing my luck I will end up with 2 males lol ..

Ghost

3 Year Member
@spidey noob . Morning. Yeah it's last moult it changed into a male . I can tell this from the hooks on its front legs. I also have a smaller H.Incei I'm hoping for a female and she matures before he dies. Will be my first breeding attempt. But knowing my luck I will end up with 2 males lol ..

Hi Sym,
Since your males already mature if I were you I would go and get a mature female if your wanting to try your hand at breeding him,I noticed TrantulasBristol have a adult female in for £28.00 you could drop them an email and see if they now when she last moulted and if it wasn't that long ago then you can have a go at breeding her with your male.....

Latest posts