• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Getting excited!!

Bree Castrat

3 Year Member
Hi everyone! First off, I just wanted to thank you to everyone here. You have all been a wonderful and amazing resource for helping me take proper care of my first T, Charlotte, who has been doing wonderfully! That being said, I am so excited(and also nervous!) now as I believe Char has gone into pre-moult! She hasn't taken any food for a week now. I wanted to be sure so I threw a small cricket into her habitat this morning when she came out of her web and she actually ran away from it! As this is my first ever moult, I just wanted to make sure this sounds like normal behavior? Thanks again for all your help everyone! ;)

Kurt Nelson

3 Year Member
Honestly I didn't even know my Pink Toe was in pre-moult. It ate every week, never found any cricket remains or anything. I just happened to look at him one day and bam, looked way different than normal. I was like hmm, moult? So i checked and to my surprise in his little hammock hidden behind this bark was a nice fresh moult for me. Such amazing creatures.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Or like mine. She' hasn't molted in over 2 years being a MF. She ate once when I got her in 12/12, then stopped. She's gone though a huge shift in personality, her colors have dulled, made a molting mat....and started eating again last week.

What the heck Sonja? Seriously, are you just messing with me girl?!?!?!?

Bree Castrat

3 Year Member
Exciting update!!! Woke up this morning and Charlotte is on her back!!! Oh lordy am I ever so nervous, and I have to go to work in awhile! :( Thank you so very much, everyone, for your words of encouragement and all your help! I can't wait to post pictures when she's done!

Bree Castrat

3 Year Member
Hi everyone! Sorry for the delay, I've been so busy with work and my little nephew that it's been hard to find a minute of spare time! I am so happy to let you all know Charlotte successfully moulted last Tuesday night! I can hardly even believe she's the same spider, she got sooo big! I would say she grew at least an inch, if not more! I will try to post some pics as soon as she comes out of her webbing, or rather, when I catch her coming out. I'm pretty positive she's been making trips to her water dish in the wee morning hours. Thanks again for all of your help!

Latest posts