• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Free range spider.

laura916

3 Year Member
eeeeek, I used to have arachnophobia before i got tarantulas, but I still have biiig fear of house spiders etc...i could hold handle my parahybana without fear but if i saw a normal house spider crawling besides me i'd freak out and probably drop my T..haha, pretty cool though harley :D
im still terrified even though i have a T and want more. There will be no handling of them now or in the future for me, lol

laura916

3 Year Member
I think its too cold in England for widows. We dont have any exciting native exotic animals.
here in California we're full of them. My youngest son (the 10yr old who is in love with spiders) is always trying to catch them. Im always catching him outside with a flashlight when its dark hunting them trying to catch them. He found 7 one night under our front porch window.

paolo escoto

3 Year Member
that happened to me too when i was a kid. i kinda took care of that little spider. sometimes i catch little crickets and put it in his web, then she'll wrap the thing with web and start sucking on it. sometimes even other spiders. lol. (hey, i was just a little kid) then one day i saw three sacs. when it hatched those little slings scattered and made their own little webs. but they were too many and my father ended up destroying the webs and relocating them in our garden. and that's all i remember. :)) i even got to watch one spiderling make his own home. great experience. lol. just standing in front of it watching him make his little web for i think about half an hour. :>

paolo escoto

3 Year Member
the spider looks like this. hehe.
gagamba.jpg

i remember one time when i stayed up late, i suddenly saw this monster.
gagamba (1).jpg

i screamed like a little girl and threw my slipper at it. but it didn't hit, he ran so fast and disappeared. which scared me alot more. :( :)))
i'm still scared of little spiders. but not T's. lol.

Latest posts