• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Farewell Vulcan Bomber

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Fuzzball79 . We are still here getting kicked out at 11am :) half cut lol.
Plane looks awesome it's a shame it's not in the air... It's a really good night. Just placed a bid in the silent auction for me and my brother to ride in the blades lol lol I hate flying lol...
Not sure we will win it .
Sounds like you had a great time, shame you didn't win the ride lol.
Never a good idea to bid in a silent auction when you're half cut lol. I once put a bid in for the "Tornado Experience" at Lossiemouth at a Military Ball. Luckily I didn't win neither, it went for over £500, IIRC, and didn't even involve a ride in the plane :(.

I've only ever seen the Vulcan twice. The last time was at the Scottish Air Show in Ayr for her farewell flight. Everyone was chatting away, but when the Vulcan approached from over the cliffs it just went very quiet, bar the engine noise and the occasional commentary. Quite emotional. She even had everybody worried for a while, because after her display she kept circling over Prestwick Airport for ages with a Spitfire accompanying her and the next display was delayed. Turned out she couldn't land due to the nose wheels not extending properly. They eventually sorted it and landed safely.
eTiyj4P.jpg

gFn9eyC.jpg

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's just awesome! Glad you could be there and be part of that. something you'll be able to tell your great grandkids :)

I've always been impressed by the British aircraft, wish the automobile manufacturers would have gotten it together like they did with the aircraft ;)

Latest posts