• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enn's bunch - the legless ones

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I thought it time to post a few new pictures of Mali

DSCF3284.JPG

DSCF3286.JPG

DSCF3288.JPG

The reason we in the UK call them Royal Pythons is because Queen Cleopatra is supposed to have worn them as bracelets
DSCF3291.JPG

The reason the US know them as Ball Pythons for them tending to curl into a ball when attacked
DSCF3294.JPG

In a few weeks Mali will be joined by a Python Brongersmai (Red Blood).

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Obviously one would never introduce them to one another, but are ball pythons dangerous to cats?

In my opinion a cat is more likely to hurt the snake, they see it as a piece of string to play with although if a Royal/ball struck it could constrict the breathe out of a cat. I have 5 cats and always shut 4 out of the room before handling Mali but my oldest girl is so used to being around snakes that she'll sniff noses with Mali with no reaction from either.
The Blood Python I'm getting will be another matter altogether as they will strike at anything they think may be food. I intend keeping him in my bedroom so I can get him used to being handled with no cats around.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yesterday my snake family was doubled when I received a Python Curtis Brongersmai from Poland. He's a 2017 hatchling around 2' long called Ular and a normal, no fancy morphs for me. He's had 24 hours to recover from his trip and today I handled him for a few minutes to see what his temperament was like and I'm pleased to say he was calm and inquisitive. Tonight I gave him his first feed with me and he didn't hesitate, it amazes me how fast they strike.

DSCF3731.JPG

DSCF3733.JPG

DSCF3736 (2).JPG

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I fed Ular on Sunday, not really expecting him to eat as he was coming up to shed, and he took the rat and devoured it. Last night, 24 hours after feeding he shed. Handsome boy.

DSCF4674.JPG

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ular shed last night and ate tonight. I'm waiting for his 1st poo since he came in December and boy is there going to be some to come, Bloods only poo 2-3 times a year unlike most snakes.

DSCF5800 (2).JPG

DSCF5806.JPG

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
A few new pics of my not so little Blood Python, Ular. He's grown a lot in the 8 months he's been here, around 3.5ft and a real chunky monkey.

He shed a few days ago, you can just see his old skin in his hide
DSCF6943.JPG

By next morning he'd pushed the shed into the doorway
DSCF6945.JPG

And today looking his handsome best
DSCF6978.JPG

DSCF6979 (2).JPG

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
You know why they call them "blood" pythons, don't you? :)

(That's rhetorical…)

I just read the whole thread and it sounds like you know and love all our local snakes here.

Your two are gorgeous!

I just picked up my new one this morning. Unicolor cribo. My daughter named it Star.