• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

onechubbyhamster

Hello! My sling just molted this morning, and I’m wondering what I should do as their molt is attached slightly to their rump by their spinerettes. Do I wait longer or help out with some warm water on a Q-Tip? Thanks!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Personally I'd act now if your T is the right way up. Use a moist Q-Tip or soft brush to moisten the area attached then hold the moult with tweezers and hope fully the T will walk away leaving the moult behind.

onechubbyhamster

Personally I'd act now if your T is the right way up. Use a moist Q-Tip or soft brush to moisten the area attached then hold the moult with tweezers and hope fully the T will walk away leaving the moult behind.
thankfully they made it out with no ailments! will keep your kind advice in mind in case i have future troubles. i appreciate your quick responses relating to all of my questions! i’m a bit of a freak show with my new baby.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
thankfully they made it out with no ailments! will keep your kind advice in mind in case i have future troubles. i appreciate your quick responses relating to all of my questions! i’m a bit of a freak show with my new baby.

That's good news.
We've all freaked out at times and there's nearly always someone around on here to help you out.