• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Communal Species

Samuraisid

3 Year Member
I traded a 12x12x12 exo terra for an 18x18x24 exo terra and now I dont know what to do with it. I was originally planning on turning it into a planted terrarium, but decided I need something more alive in there. Its overkill for any single Tarantula so Im probably going to go communal.

I dont want Poecilotheria genus and the only other ones I can think are H. incei, H. villosela, H. gabonensis.

H. gabonensis would be my personal favorite, but they are terrestrial, and Im pretty sure the other two species are as well.

Any help would be appreciated:)

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I personally don't think communal is worth the rick, but if your gonna do it Incei is the way to go. Keep them well fed. a
OBT are also an option is kept ver well fed, as are double As

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I personally don't think communal is worth the rick, but if your gonna do it Incei is the way to go. Keep them well fed. a
OBT are also an option is kept ver well fed, as are double As
Years ago people used to keep avic avics together but the man where i bought mine advised against it

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeah, I advise against keeping anything together. But if you're gonna do it H sp (due to their small size) are your best bet. Technically all Ts can be kept communal if you have a large enough enclosure. In my personal opinion there's no point to a communal enclosure, being Ts aren't social animals.
Most Avics, and pokies will tolerate communal living better than others.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
I echo the cohabitation sentiments but if you're going to do it right make sure everyone's well-fed, has plenty of room to hide and nothing to get aggressive or fight over.