• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Club Avicularia/Avics

Spidro

3 Year Member
Heres a good pic I got of my pink toe "Tips" today. Love these guys.
uploadfromtaptalk1394065699913.jpg

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
uploadfromtaptalk1394643211605.jpg

Hello
So this is what I'm using for all my slings, or smaller Avicularia species. No bothering the sling at all, it can web up everything even the decoration. I posted this here as example, I've used this with 6 different Avicularia so far,to test what works best. The one on the photo is my Avicularia Purpurea/Purple pink toe, it molted a few days before.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If all goes well, I will be employing it with other species of arboreal Tarantulas to see how it works. If you think about it, logically it should work like when you care for your terrestrial do you remove the bottom or the opposite side of the enclosure ? So applying this to arboreal Tarantulas just makes sense, but I will see how it goes.

Last edited:

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just fed all slings, except the sp. Peru Purple seems its going into pre-molt as well as the Laeta. All others are eating as we speak, what's nice is I can overturn the top part drop a cricket in and it will run into their nests. If they don't take it, I just overturn the top and the cricket drops out no harm no fuss.

AngelOtter

3 Year Member
Wow that versicolor is beautiful. I love it when they show off their fangs, it's so impressive.

I fed mine a baby dubia yesterday, she sure does have a good appetite. If only I could get my rose hair to eat like that xD

Mine is in a small pasta strainer of all things, but I like it because it's tall, and the top snaps on and off, and it is well ventilated. I can also see her well from all sides.

jon ross

3 Year Member
I feed them bits of freshly killed cricket and mist the enclosure once a week. Ive just had the versicolor out and shes fast still. I always make sure they are fed regular but i never see them eating so im unsure. Is it best to leave bits on the floor or put it near the web?

Charmyknux

3 Year Member
My avicularia versicolor molted a week ago. She is still a sling but has the brightest blue color. Beautiful
Charmyknux that is a Stunning versicolor you have there!!
Thanks! :) I'm so hoping she really is a she! The last molt was destroyed before I could get to it so I didn't get a good look at it :/

Latest posts