• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Chaco Golden Knee

Gurat

Hi guys, I'm a bit worried at the moment. My Tarantula has not been eating for approx. 8 months now, at first I thought maybe she was fasting, but now 8 months... About a month ago I gave her a roach, at first she didn't do nothing, after she went slowly on the roach, (he was playing dead) and grabbed him. After a little while, she let him go, altough found him dead couple of days later. And recently she started going up the walls and going up and down, when normally she used to sit on the ground. Any ideas of what maybe is happening to her? She is still not an adult, maybe 2 years old

Attachments

• received_782221395766566.jpeg
    received_782221395766566.jpeg
    35.1 KB · Views: 22

Teresaisrad

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi guys, I'm a bit worried at the moment. My Tarantula has not been eating for approx. 8 months now, at first I thought maybe she was fasting, but now 8 months... About a month ago I gave her a roach, at first she didn't do nothing, after she went slowly on the roach, (he was playing dead) and grabbed him. After a little while, she let him go, altough found him dead couple of days later. And recently she started going up the walls and going up and down, when normally she used to sit on the ground. Any ideas of what maybe is happening to her? She is still not an adult, maybe 2 years old
Sounds a lot like my A seemani, my G rosea also went 12 months without eating at one point as well sometimes spiders just do weird things. My only advice is to dump in a ton more substrate just in case it would like to burrow. Id make it meet the ventilation line and doors. Also, keep offering food and maybe different types. My seemani will only eat crickets and always drops roaches. Others will not accept meal worms.

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sounds a lot like my A seemani, my G rosea also went 12 months without eating at one point as well sometimes spiders just do weird things. My only advice is to dump in a ton more substrate just in case it would like to burrow. Id make it meet the ventilation line and doors. Also, keep offering food and maybe different types. My seemani will only eat crickets and always drops roaches. Others will not accept meal worms.
concur. She has a nice booty, she is fine. Keep a water dish available at all times....she will snap out of it.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Too tall for a fall with a booty that phat

keep the water bowl full and consider adding some substrate to reduce free climbing height

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ok so you all guys think it's normal for her? No need to worry? Just add more substrate and that's it?
Yup. Best guess, she was slightly overfed initially, stopped eating and will resume when she is ready.

Latest posts