• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Chaco golden knee

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's what people fail to realize. They aren't clones. They are individuals. Still, at least with my L klugi, even if she did like to be handled, those urticating hairs are pretty extreme. Even perfect behavior like sitting quietly on my hand or shoulder would result in a truly miserable experience.

gritar

3 Year Member
Anyone has been bitten by Chaco Golden?
They reckon that are quite docile but my 5” princess seems to be quite aggressive sometimes?
My girl throws threat pose tantrums. Does not like to bothered for any reason. Always busy rearranging her home. She is pretty but mean. Raised her from a sling but that means nothing. Lol

Tnoob

The biggest T I've held regularly was a male Lp. He showed no defensiveness or inclination to bite or kick hair. He happily climbed up and down my arms. Its kind of a trip with the big ones, something I think every hobbiest should experience at least once. I got to a point where I just took him out by hand every time I paired him. It sucked when he died, I'd kkind of bonded with him. For my part, anyway.
That does sound like an amazing experience. I think it would be so cool if I could hold an OBT. I know this won't happen.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That does sound like an amazing experience. I think it would be so cool if I could hold an OBT. I know this won't happen.
There are a few people that do. An old friend of mine that moved away had one he handled quite often, an older female that was the most placid obt Ive ever seen. I wouldnt do it though, not worth it..

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

I know a few people that have doscile obts and they have handled but it's a risk not worth taking. Everytime something like this is mentioned there always seems to be a certain video posted.

GermanGamer7

Huh. So they aren't just aggressive towards anything that moves. Interesting!
upload_2019-5-2_10-53-36.jpeg

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Someone I’m following on Instagram has held an OBT, it is like 2 inches though.

I was talking to someone on Facebook who handles her obt (small juv) I tried to advise her to not do it as she will get complacent and after a molt her "docile" obt could turn into the devil but she knows best :). What's the old saying?

You can lead a horse to water but you can't stop it from drowning itself

Latest posts