• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ValentinaChiara

Hi guys, I’m new in the T world. I got my first Ts a week ago, B. hamorii and B. boehmei, and the breeder told me they are 1 year and an half old. I choosed them unsexed. They haven’t molt yet and I was searching online if there were another way to sex them, so I found the ventral sexing technique, but obviously I’m not good enough to recognize them. Are they too young? Or someone know how to help me?
The first one is B. hamorii and the second one is B. boehmei.
AF302B78-BF34-4EAD-9267-08B86C4E3BC8.jpeg
8ED337EC-6451-4AED-8B53-601C9847513F.jpeg

ta122

They're both males. If we can sex them, so can their breeder. If the tarantula is under 1.5", you can probably trust they're unsexed. 99.9% of tarantulas are easily sexed after that. Some are ambiguous and also destroy their molts, but that's not typically the case.

ta122

Actually, I'm not certain about the second one. The lighting and some debris on the glass are obstructing part of the epigastric furrow.