• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

b. boehmei pacing around cage

saff

my brachypelma boehmei has been really active the past 2 days. it's been walking around the cage, climbing, and exploring a lot more than normal. usually it just sits in its hide all day and comes out for about a second when i feed it. i don't know if he's stressed or just curious. what is causing this?
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    886.1 KB · Views: 10

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
I think we need more information and better pictures. I will start and I am sure others with more experience especially with that species will jump in.

Do you know the sex of it? how big is it? and how long have you had it?

Lets start with those to hopefully narrow diwn the pissibilities.

A side issue is that your T is a terrestrial spider and generally screen tops are frowned upon as terrestrials can get their legs caught up in it.

saff

I think we need more information and better pictures. I will start and I am sure others with more experience especially with that species will jump in.

Do you know the sex of it? how big is it? and how long have you had it?

Lets start with those to hopefully narrow diwn the pissibilities.

A side issue is that your T is a terrestrial spider and generally screen tops are frowned upon as terrestrials can get their legs caught up in it.
i've had it since 2020 december, it's about 2.75-3.25 inches toe to toe (im not fantastic about measurements, so about the size of my palm. i think it's too young to sex, but i see no tibial hooks. here's its underside. do you have any recommendations for a better cage top? whenever it crawls on the top i just use a paintbrush to gently encourage it to go back to the dirt, because last time i tried replacing the lid it got out.

Attachments

• 63606F16-A672-467D-8268-5C7C7ED30DE6.jpeg
    63606F16-A672-467D-8268-5C7C7ED30DE6.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 8B76AE7F-3188-4C1A-B05F-C148FEFFD39B.jpeg
    8B76AE7F-3188-4C1A-B05F-C148FEFFD39B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
I have not done it myself, so do a search on theses forums, but I think it is as easy as putting tape around the edges to prevent the T from trying to walk across. Others use acrylic/plastic ( with air holes) on the inside to cover over the mesh lid. Others replace the mesh with acrylic cover.

Hopefully others will add input.

Latest posts