• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Atx13's Photo thread

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If your refering to my big girl, she's getting rehoused tonight.. refuses to burrow.. so I bought a new deeper container to see if maybe the other one is to shallow for her...
And on the female avic I was suppose to get.. I'm almost certain its an immature male :(.. even if it is a female.. be a couple moults before its mature...
Might try my luck elsewhere, would be nice to have a swarm of avic babies, lol.
Sorry to hear his date isn't going to go as planned :( Hopefully you find a nice gal for Mr. Pink...I would love to see a swarm of avic babies!

Atx13

3 Year Member
I rehoused my female H.Longipes, such a sweetheart. Not a single problem, with the move... Even made me stop breathing for about 35 seconds when she climbed on my hand.. didnt manage a pic of that..
So I got these hefty containers at Meijer for $2.99, I've housed all 3 of my Haplopelmas in them, i get about 5 inches of sub. in them and my H. Lividum and smaller Longipes have made burrows and seem to like them, I figured I'd try my female in one..
WP_000472.jpg
WP_000468.jpg
WP_000471.jpg

Atx13

3 Year Member
whoops, shoulda labeled them
pic 1- G. Pulchripes sling, pic2- C. Fasciatum sling pic 3 & 4- B.Vagans 1.5" pic 5 & 6- Haplopelma sp. 6" female pic 7 Rooney G. Rosea 4" 4.5", and of course, my lovely H. Lividum.
I'll have some better pics of my little C. Fasciatum once it moults, it almost due for one again, they are awesome.

Atx13

3 Year Member
Thanks! Couldn't get pics of some of my Haplo's... Since two of them finally burrowed and one is behind some serious webbing after moulting, might be a week or 2 before she comes out :p

Atx13

3 Year Member
Couple updates,
My H. lividum moulted this morning... 95% sure, she is a he.. Moult pics of my G. pulchripes, and a sort of pic of my P. murinus... oh and I got a good pic of my G. rosea...
Pics are as follow 1- H. lividum, 2-G. pulchripes, 3- G. pulchripes moult(sorry its blurry), 4- G. rosea(Rooney), out and about. 5- H. lividum, 6 and 7- If you look close you can kind of see my obts moult... she is pretty buried still, i can see a couple legs when i open her container...
WP_000578.jpg
WP_000561.jpg
WP_000558.jpg
WP_000569.jpg
WP_000571.jpg
WP_000553.jpg
WP_000555.jpg

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Awesome update!! Congrats on the moults; the obt's is so teeny hehe. Wonder how close she is in size now to Chaos, it's cool to have them so close in 'age' :)

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's awesome! Now that ours are around the same size, it will be interesting to see if they stay on the same 'cycle' and close to each other in size with each future moult! Sorry she's being so reclusive though, would love to see some new pics!

Atx13

3 Year Member
Might not get a new pic till the rehouse, and she has lots of room right now.. Hopefully she relocates or makes a new den soon :p.

Latest posts