• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Android problems?

Vermis

Tarantula Club Member
I browse the net on my android tablet. Recently it's upgraded to Android 12 and it seems to have caused a bad reaction whenever I try to use forums. (I guess the boffins in charge were more concerned how it works with facebook and tiktok) Specifically it causes the reply space to go a bit nuts. Have any other android users experienced this?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Uh oh! Not good. Can you guys be a little more specific about the reply space going nuts? Slow speed isn't good either and we will be moving to a new server soon so that should help

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Uh oh! Not good. Can you guys be a little more specific about the reply space going nuts? Slow speed isn't good either and we will be moving to a new server soon so that should help
Sometimes when I post a reply it takes two to five minutes to post. Also if I try to edit my post right after I post it sometimes I don't make the edit time and it won't let me because it lagged for too long. Out of frustration I've hit the reply button again and many minutes later I have a double post. I thought it was because I'm out in the middle of nowhere but it sounds like others may be having problems too.

Vermis

Tarantula Club Member
Can you guys be a little more specific about the reply space going nuts?

It expands as if the enter key is continually tapped, causing paragraphs to separate out too. Often it 'hiccups' and causes quotes to lose their formatting, and images become replaced with a tiny square with the letters 'obj' in it.

It happens with a number of forums. I had to fight to link pictures over in the Allpets roach forum, earlier today. Happens with all browsers, too. Duckduckgo seems the least affected but not entirely bugproof. (Incidentally, that's why I just paid for the Tarantula Club subscription. I don't know how to turn off the automatic ad blockers when I visit this site.)

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I browse the net on my android tablet. Recently it's upgraded to Android 12 and it seems to have caused a bad reaction whenever I try to use forums. (I guess the boffins in charge were more concerned how it works with facebook and tiktok) Specifically it causes the reply space to go a bit nuts. Have any other android users experienced this?
Sometimes when I post a reply it takes two to five minutes to post. Also if I try to edit my post right after I post it sometimes I don't make the edit time and it won't let me because it lagged for too long. Out of frustration I've hit the reply button again and many minutes later I have a double post. I thought it was because I'm out in the middle of nowhere but it sounds like others may be having problems too.
The solution is get an apple device. (I’m partially joking)

This is off topic, but when you say moving to a new server, do you mean migrating from xenforo to another company such as vbulletin or just an upgraded version of this one?

Latest posts