• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Already want more tarantulas!

Atx13

3 Year Member
I second Kenny, everyone should own at least one OBT, I had 4 in my previous collection, 2 females, 1 male and one unsexed, all full of character and color! Had my only successful breeding experience with them, until my female decided she was hungry :(.
Welcome to the boards, and thanks for sharing your beautiful T's!

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I second Kenny, everyone should own at least one OBT, I had 4 in my previous collection, 2 females, 1 male and one unsexed, all full of character and color! Had my only successful breeding experience with them, until my female decided she was hungry :(.
Welcome to the boards, and thanks for sharing your beautiful T's!
been there, had one years ago, it was the only nasty t I've ever owned, I wouldn't be in a big hurry for another one. My obt was dumped on me with five other ts by a woman who had to move and couldn't take them with her.there was one in the shop a few Weeks ago biting its water bowl.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My one seemed unhappy so did the one in the shop that was attacking its water bowl. I wonder if the nasty ones are wild caught and home sick, the thought of that depresses me I think ramases and Delilah (my older roses) are wild caught , ramases is restless sometimes and I wish I could take him back to Chile. Delilah enjoys being out and hates going back in her tank.

Atx13

3 Year Member
My one seemed unhappy so did the one in the shop that was attacking its water bowl. I wonder if the nasty ones are wild caught and home sick, the thought of that depresses me I think ramases and Delilah (my older roses) are wild caught , ramases is restless sometimes and I wish I could take him back to Chile. Delilah enjoys being out and hates going back in her tank.
Would explain my Rosies ill temper. lol.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Would explain my Rosies ill temper. lol.
Yes. I think some species are more known for being aggressive but other things must affect them. It annoys me when people say they have no brain, they must have instincts and feelings and some kind of nervous system. A lot of people think horses are stupid but I can assure anyone in any doubt they are not. Think I'll shut up now lol.

Latest posts