• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Africa!!!

Lawrence b

3 Year Member
Not actually sure when it comes to the females (Except for distribution, which obviously helps nothing in hobby specimens).
The males are very different, with junodi males being around the 3cm mark with no tibial hooks at maturity, while breyeri males mature much larger with tibial hooks.[/quot
Thanks for the info Ceratogyrus ,well bear that in mind about the males .

Lawrence b

3 Year Member
Heres a P.murinus sling
SAM_3357.JPG

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
I'm going to try something new here.
I'm gonna start a thread for each of the 5 continents with native Ts. ( Europe, and Antarctica are void of Ts as far as I know.)
so Post whatever you'd like here, as long as it's African...

P.Muticus formerly C.Crawshayi King Baboon.

C.Darlingi Curve horn Baboon

C.Marshalli Straight Horned/Unicorn Horned Baboon

I.Mira Blue foot Baboon

P.Murinus Orange Baboon.

Incredible shots in this thread! I have my first African, an Orange Baboon sling. Loving it.

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
Oh thanks! See, I'm glad I asked you, cause online I read only females develop horns. However, I trust you more. Lol, Obviously.
The males develop very small horns and some of them lose it at their maturing moult. Most of mine still have little round buttons on the carapace, but never as big as the females horns.

Latest posts