• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Africa!!!

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm going to try something new here.
I'm gonna start a thread for each of the 5 continents with native Ts. ( Europe, and Antarctica are void of Ts as far as I know.)
so Post whatever you'd like here, as long as it's African...

P.Muticus formerly C.Crawshayi King Baboon.

C.Darlingi Curve horn Baboon

C.Marshalli Straight Horned/Unicorn Horned Baboon

I.Mira Blue foot Baboon

P.Murinus Orange Baboon.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Great thread idea. There's some amazing shots already in this thread! What beautiful Ts!

TheGreatWhiteKoos

3 Year Member
Ok so I'm in the process of acquiring a Ceratogyrus Darlingi sling now. The assistant at the pet shop were I buy my crickets knows someone selling them for dirt cheap...I just hope these are not wild caught...hopefully if everything checks out I will have it by tomorrow. Haha, its so funny...every time I buy a new T I'll tell myself that I have enough now but then another T comes along that I want so...

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Darlingi are great(obviously lol), and if it's a sling I doubt that they're wild caught.
Hopefully you can post a pic of it here when you get it.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
yeah that does stink. Odd though, as it's usually non native/invasive species that are highly regulated.

TheGreatWhiteKoos

3 Year Member
Yes according to South Africa's National Conservation Act on Biodiversity the following species are illegal to keep: Ceratogyrus Spp, Pterinochilus Spp and Harpactira Spp. This sucks even more now as it includes the P.Murinus (OBT). At least I can still get to keep H.Gigas and P.Muticus if I can get my hands on them. These are legal to keep if these are locally acquired and captive bred.

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
Pterinochilus murinus
8bbf9c8941467043c093ce2564d8a2a3.jpg

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
Ceratogyrus sanderi

IMG_0519.jpg

Ceratogyrus brachycephalus "hobby form"

IMG_0510.jpg

Ceratogyrus brachycephalus

IMG_0504.jpg

Will post a few more pics later when I have a better internet connection...

Latest posts