• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. Geniculata Pre-molt

Arachnorican

3 Year Member
Can't wait for this guy to finally molt. Its been 2 weeks since it ate.
IMG_0039.jpg

God of Fun

3 Year Member
I'm trying to familiarize myself with head to abdomen sizes and I noticed that yours is at about the same ratio as mine. It would be sweet if someone were to confirm that we're within healthy parameters. Thanks!

Arachnorican

3 Year Member
I think mines a little too big. But its pre-molt and I think this species will eat anything you throw in there and I love to watch it eat. I do limit myself to a min of 4 days between feedings for little ones.

God of Fun

3 Year Member
Cool, I was feeling the same way and haven't feed mine in around 5 days. Is abdomen size a good indicator of when to not feed your tarantula?

God of Fun

3 Year Member
So is the solution to then stop feeding your T all together until its abdomen shrinks OR to feed it smaller meals less frequently until its abdomen shrinks?

Arachnorican

3 Year Member
I think it doubled in size! Will have to take some pics after I give him a few more days to rest.
He looks huge compared to before. But there was nothing left to sex it =/
Then my Chaco decided to molt this weekend also! this been molt season! My Avic should be next since it hasn't eaten in a while.

Tguy

3 Year Member
congrats....they are very fast growers.my MM is almost 2 yrs old 9 inch legspan...got a 1'' in oct and is already over 3 '' after 4 molts.....couldn't watch the vid asking for password ...can't wait to see some pics :)