• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Your opinion: the most beautiful T species?

smallbike

3 Year Member
I mean, T. seladonia is the supermodel of the tarantula world, with C. versicolor being like... a regular model? I am a fan of any blue or unusually bright tarantula TBH.

That said, I saw an A. chalcodes in person for the first time a couple months ago and was completely stunned, it looked like some very expensive cashmere.

Officially, I'd say my top 3 are:

T. seladonia because I'm basic
H. chilensis because I can't handle the cute
A. chalcodes because of it's unexpected beauty

Sorry you didn't make the list Spinelli and Mittens, but I love you very much and wouldn't go out of my way to the cricket store if I didn't ;)

Spiders&Snakes

I mean, T. seladonia is the supermodel of the tarantula world, with C. versicolor being like... a regular model? I am a fan of any blue or unusually bright tarantula TBH.

That said, I saw an A. chalcodes in person for the first time a couple months ago and was completely stunned, it looked like some very expensive cashmere.

Officially, I'd say my top 3 are:

T. seladonia because I'm basic
H. chilensis because I can't handle the cute
A. chalcodes because of it's unexpected beauty

Sorry you didn't make the list Spinelli and Mittens, but I love you very much and wouldn't go out of my way to the cricket store if I didn't ;)

I actually totally agree with you.

T. Seladonia is utterly gorgeous.

I would love to own one, but they are so rare... and pricey!!!!

smallbike

3 Year Member
I saw a sling for sale once... £240 (300 USD)

I mean, if you have the money to spare it's a no-brainer!!!

Unfortauntely, I don't

It's my dream to own one
$300 for a T. seladonia is actually "cheap" these days. I've been seeing them go for over $500, soooooo I guess I can admire them from afar unless I win the lottery. At least some of the the more common ones are pretty cool (I'd totally go for a G. pulchipes, A. chalcodes, or a curly hair)

Gizalba

3 Year Member
I'm sure I am to find more, but my current 3 are below. My favourite colour is teal, so there is a theme here ;) Although I do love the adult colours too>

Ybyrabora diversipes - Here is Luna:
lu - Copy.JPG

Caribena versicolor

Avicularia avicularia (or any of their morphs really) - Here is Amelia:

a - Copy.JPG

InsectsGlorifyGod

SURVEY:

Comment below which species of T you think is the most beautiful in the world... you can mention your TOP 3 if you'd prefer.

It doesn't have to be a species you own.
First off, I have to say that I agree with a lot of what others have posted already but I want to point to ones not mentioned.

1. The Neoholothele incei (Trinidad Olive - Gold) is a beautiful T. I love the color contrasts and patterning, not to mention the crazy webbing.

2. Most Ts. It amazes me that many have the most amazing colors on the underside of their feet/legs where you don't even get to see it. This is possibly why I love my arboreal Ts so much. I actually get to see their flashes of iridescent coloring as they climb around their enclosures. You would think that more women would love Ts for this feature alone, right? Ladies, think 4 pairs of flashy shoes! ;-)

3. Although I don't yet own one, I have always looked twice, even three times at the Euathlus truculentus (Chilean Flame). I love that there are both red and yellow variants. Those colors look as if they were just brushed on with a paintbrush against the dark black... They're a show stopper in my mind.

smallbike

3 Year Member
First off, I have to say that I agree with a lot of what others have posted already but I want to point to ones not mentioned.

1. The Neoholothele incei (Trinidad Olive - Gold) is a beautiful T. I love the color contrasts and patterning, not to mention the crazy webbing.

2. Most Ts. It amazes me that many have the most amazing colors on the underside of their feet/legs where you don't even get to see it. This is possibly why I love my arboreal Ts so much. I actually get to see their flashes of iridescent coloring as they climb around their enclosures. You would think that more women would love Ts for this feature alone, right? Ladies, think 4 pairs of flashy shoes! ;-)

3. Although I don't yet own one, I have always looked twice, even three times at the Euathlus truculentus (Chilean Flame). I love that there are both red and yellow variants. Those colors look as if they were just brushed on with a paintbrush against the dark black... They're a show stopper in my mind.
What is the relationship between Euathtlus truculentus and Homoeomma chilensis (formerly grouped with Euathlus)? I’ve heard of H. chilensis referred to as a Chilean dwarf flame - is the E. truculentus a “full size” T? I had been under the impression that Euathlus was a dwarf genus but I could be wrong.

InsectsGlorifyGod

What is the relationship between Euathtlus truculentus and Homoeomma chilensis (formerly grouped with Euathlus)? I’ve heard of H. chilensis referred to as a Chilean dwarf flame - is the E. truculentus a “full size” T? I had been under the impression that Euathlus was a dwarf genus but I could be wrong.
I am no expert on this stuff as I am new to the hobby but according to this site...
(https://davethebugguy.org/2016/02/1...hlus is made up of,species are a bit skittish.)
they are essentially one in the same. Scientific name re-name/classification but yes, they are both dwarf Ts as I understand it.