• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wtf are those thongs swimming in the water dishes??

jon ross

3 Year Member
Hi peeps. I was going abit of maintatence and feeding last night and found a liad of what looks like tiny little white maggoty type things swimming in the water dishes of the chille and smithis enclosures i removed the dishes and gave them a good clean but ive noticed tonight that theres still one or two in the chilles dish. What are they?

I had a cricket in each enclosure for a few days as they havent eaten them. Would that be anything to do with them??

Please help

jon ross

3 Year Member
So am i right in thinking if i just remove the water dishes and let the subtrate dry out over a few days that should do it?

jon ross

3 Year Member
Hopfully so. Im currently designing and building front opening encosures out of perspex so ill be rehoming all of them with all new substrate and everything. Ill do a thread if all goes well lol

Im not allowed anymore ts for a while now so i thought id turn my attention too the encloures lol

jon ross

3 Year Member
Ive been limited by my lady but its kind of a good thing as i have no self control lol

She said i could only have two more so i bought three slings and ised the excuse 'but they are so much smaller' then a week later bought the versi color sling too lol

jon ross

3 Year Member
I will do mate. My idea is to get a sheet of 5mn perspex and make sone front opening enclosures. Ive chosen 5mm so theres a decent edge to glue to and perspex is easy to cut and drill, im going to use tiny hinges like photo frame ones for the door. Just dont know what im going to use to lock the doors atm

Christell Erasmus

3 Year Member
This is kind off what we are planning for our enclosures.

url.jpg

jon ross

3 Year Member
Yea thats exactly what i had in my head. Ive looked and looked and cant find exactly what i want so i thought id make it lol

Latest posts