• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Who's molted today

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Todays offering is Pamphobeteus sp. machala, Ibarra.

DSCF4982 (2).JPG

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
Found a molt in my 1.5" G. pulchra enclosure this morning. The T remains aloof, but I could see the tips of its legs at his hide entrance. I fed it two pre-killed small/medium superworms on Thursday (about one per hour) Both were gone, so I assumed it ate them. I will wait a week + before feeding again, just to make sure fangs are strong.
So after a semi moving superworm disappeared yesterday in the enclosure I decided to break protocol and check on unnamed G. pulchra. I gently pulled up hide and…interrupted the spider’s meal. I covered it back up again after checking on the worm. It was still moving.

Attachments

• 3F22026A-C4E9-45FE-B614-FD76CBA542FC.jpeg
    3F22026A-C4E9-45FE-B614-FD76CBA542FC.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 8

prince charmless

Last night one of my S crassipies slings molted. This morning one of my T apophysis slings molted. And on Friday night our juvenile G pulchrapies & N coloratovillosus molted.
My Chilobrachys sp. "electric blue" and "vietnam blue" both molted last week within a day of each other. "pumpkin patch" has holed up, expecting a molt at any time. Also believe H. mac and OBT both in pre-molt. Not sure yet about P. irminia (beginning to refuse food)

Latest posts