• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Which T's make a collection?

ShellsnMargarita

3 Year Member
So, I only have my G.rosea at the moment. I most certainly want to get at LEAST one or two more at some point. Which Ts would you suggest? I do love a B.albopilosum or a B.smithi. I don't have a lot of room to devote to my T addiction (I literally live in a single room at the moment) so I'd need something that takes up less space.

Let me know what you suggest! I really want to grow my collection for years to come, as I'm officially hooked. It's bad enough that I had a girlfriend that wouldn't let me get a T once...needless to say, she's gone and the T is here to stay :p lol

Atx13

3 Year Member
Depends on what your looking for, a B. albo, or B. smithi would be a good addition.. Just really depends on what you want, and what your looking to get out of keeping T's..

ShellsnMargarita

3 Year Member
Depends on what your looking for, a B. albo, or B. smithi would be a good addition.. Just really depends on what you want, and what your looking to get out of keeping T's..

I'm looking for a collection that I can appreciate. I don't believe in handling my T's, but I do like to observe them. So I probably wouldn't enjoy one that hides all of the time. I was curious as to whether or not there are the "quintessential" T's that every collection should have. Sort of like a starter kit I suppose, ha. I'm sure there's plenty of personal taste tossed in there, but I'd like to stick to more traditional T's to start with. I'm not ready for anything too exotic.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So, I only have my G.rosea at the moment. I most certainly want to get at LEAST one or two more at some point. Which Ts would you suggest? I do love a B.albopilosum or a B.smithi. I don't have a lot of room to devote to my T addiction (I literally live in a single room at the moment) so I'd need something that takes up less space.

Let me know what you suggest! I really want to grow my collection for years to come, as I'm officially hooked. It's bad enough that I had a girlfriend that wouldn't let me get a T once...needless to say, she's gone and the T is here to stay :p lol
Definitely b smithi, they are super model looks without the cocaine addiction ( am I allowed to say that. )

dragonfly_dust

3 Year Member
If you can find a G. pulchra (Brazilian Black) for sale, do NOT hesitate! Buy it! They're such pretty Ts that anyone who has them rarely lets them go.

B. smithi are also pretty and long lived if you get a female.

Atx13

3 Year Member
A couple that aren't too deffensive, but somewhat skittish, id say get an A.geniculata and an L.parahybana. Size alone makes them great display Ts and they wouldn't be to hard to care for.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
G. pulchipes too!

My B. vagans has been a great T, though other brachypelmas are awesome too, and more colorful.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh, and just because a T is "supposed" to have a certain temperament, don't go on that alone. My Genic thinks she is a BEAST, already doing threat postures at a half inch, walking around with her butt in the air, while my Rosie is almost Zen like...

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
A.avicularia!! Really pretty spiders and ours is very laid back (which is common in this species).

dragonfly_dust

3 Year Member
G pulchra, hands down.

HEY~! I didn't know you were on this forum!

So true. Even when told to get rid of Ts, I just couldn't get rid of my pulchra! That's just wrong!

(BTW still a toss up for me between you and Jump as to whose pulchra gets a date with my pulchra...)

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
HEY~! I didn't know you were on this forum!

So true. Even when told to get rid of Ts, I just couldn't get rid of my pulchra! That's just wrong!

(BTW still a toss up for me between you and Jump as to whose pulchra gets a date with my pulchra...)
Yup, and several others as well.
He will end up with me ;)

Latest posts