• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What's with the *?

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
So I have noticed that some words in posts have one or more * in them and it seems to be for potentially "naughty" words ( I believe naughty is the legal term used).

Just curious, but is this done by admins or automatically like when Siri refuses to say the full title of that great 80s song by Quiot Riot "Cum on Feel the Noise" ?

In these forums, many of the * replace that word that, among other things, is a reference for a male chicken, and that are part of larger words.

Like, some people feed their tarantulas ****roaches. And some people use ****tail sticks for things other than swirling their drinks.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
@Enn49 you are so smart! And timely, as I was having an internal debate about whether to press my luck and otherwise stellar reputation in this community and start using a synonym for the naughty word.