• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What's one more?

bravebeatle

ah yes, the addiction is growing! I have been there and it is so fun to watch them grow, rehouse them, build enclosures, research them... I raise 3 species of roaches and can definitely say red runners are my ABSOLUTE favorite. Everyone loves them and they DON'T BURROW! I started my colony in a critter keeper(in Texas, it is possible), but def recommend a tub or a new paint bucket from Lowe's (they are only like 6$)! best of luck on your journey! I'm currently the proud mom of 28 T's. And my Daughter loves all her siblings!

DonnaJoan425

When I introduced myself on this board as a brand new mom to a kid I'm in love with, who I haven't named, some very nice people responded with welcome and more than one person has said this won't be your last eight-legged kid. That was not even a month ago. I was certain I would not be adding one more eight legged kid to my life. Tonight, I have accepted two more eight-legged kids into my life. I have ordered enclosures for them off Etsy. I have ordered adorable little water dishes for them off Etsy. And I love this board.
Hi, I’m new to this forum but I’m already loving it. Like you Noodlelove, I started my hobby with 1 tarantula and now I have 11 and more to come including a Cameroon Red Baboon and 6 jumping Spiders not forgetting more tarantulas. I just adore these beautiful animals and the bigger the better

Noodlelove

Hi, I’m new to this forum but I’m already loving it. Like you Noodlelove, I started my hobby with 1 tarantula and now I have 11 and more to come including a Cameroon Red Baboon and 6 jumping Spiders not forgetting more tarantulas. I just adore these beautiful animals and the bigger the better
Thank you for the warm welcome. You are a lucky ducky. What a cool bunch of kiddos. I can't wait so see more of your beautiful kids and how you take care of them.

Noodlelove

ah yes, the addiction is growing! I have been there and it is so fun to watch them grow, rehouse them, build enclosures, research them... I raise 3 species of roaches and can definitely say red runners are my ABSOLUTE favorite. Everyone loves them and they DON'T BURROW! I started my colony in a critter keeper(in Texas, it is possible), but def recommend a tub or a new paint bucket from Lowe's (they are only like 6$)! best of luck on your journey! I'm currently the proud mom of 28 T's. And my Daughter loves all her siblings!
Well done.. You've actually raised 3 species and that's giving you a lot of data and a fine base to contribute on meaningful results. I am comfortable saying I am quite likely to give start raising the red runners. At this time I have crickets. The nice thing is that I have 5 laying hens and what my spooders don't eat and if the growth of the herd of feeders gets out of hand I can feed them to my hens. The hens are kind of what pushed me to get a T. I was hoping to get a jumping spider but since we got hens and they are loose in the yard not a bug makes it into the house except for flies.

cubbi1568

When I introduced myself on this board as a brand new mom to a kid I'm in love with, who I haven't named, some very nice people responded with welcome and more than one person has said this won't be your last eight-legged kid. That was not even a month ago. I was certain I would not be adding one more eight legged kid to my life. Tonight, I have accepted two more eight-legged kids into my life. I have ordered enclosures for them off Etsy. I have ordered adorable little water dishes for them off Etsy. And I love this board.
I find myself doing the same. I ordered a surprise box from a tarantula website and got three new ones, including one that jumped onto the floor trying to escape its enclosure. Got it back but just rehoused the larger baby, enclosure was too small for it

Noodlelove

I find myself doing the same. I ordered a surprise box from a tarantula website and got three new ones, including one that jumped onto the floor trying to escape its enclosure. Got it back but just rehoused the larger baby, enclosure was too small for it
Oh wow. You have steady nerves. My little guys have not escaped thankfully. that's been my big fear. I went really slow putting them in their new enclosures. I'm not even sure I breathe when I first get them.. can't wait to see more of your content

cubbi1568

Oh wow. You have steady nerves. My little guys have not escaped thankfully. that's been my big fear. I went really slow putting them in their new enclosures. I'm not even sure I breathe when I first get them.. can't wait to see more of your content
Thanks. I find that even as slings, the irminia can be bolty. I was providing it water and it decided to climb the water jug and jumped down. Didn’t go far, thankfully nit under the couch. Climbed down my finger back it its enclosure

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Escapees are no great disaster. It will happen one day. Have a catch cup and a cardboard flat bottom. You simply watch it bolt. Usually, they run out of gas within 10 feet. Once your T pauses, atop it with the cup. Easy peazy. You will see and will pleasantly surprise yourself.

cubbi1568

Will keep that in mind. My A. Seemani git out one day while I cleaned the enclosure and it was a comedy of errors because my mom kept shouting while I was afraid of damaging a limb. Eventually I cupped it and put it back in his enclosure. I have three of various sizes because I know they phet out. Except today whole rehousing my apophysis tried lifting its small butt to kick hairs. Didn’t but it was cute. Those hairs look sharp even as a sling

Noodlelove

Will keep that in mind. My A. Seemani git out one day while I cleaned the enclosure and it was a comedy of errors because my mom kept shouting while I was afraid of damaging a limb. Eventually I cupped it and put it back in his enclosure. I have three of various sizes because I know they phet out. Except today whole rehousing my apophysis tried lifting its small butt to kick hairs. Didn’t but it was cute. Those hairs look sharp even as a sling
I'm so glad it didn't kick hairs

Nurse Ratchet

I
I understand you COMPLETELY! I just got my 1st baby a few weeks ago. Petco is having a sale on aqueon tanks, 50% off, and they're so easy to convert. Totally bought two and am setting up one for plans for an Avicularia avicularia and the other will be for a Tliltocatl albopilosus. I've promised myself to go slow. One in December, one in January, then wait. That only leaves me wanting a GBB. I know. I'm so cliche and so don't care. Congrats to you and loving your new hobby!

DonnaJoan425

Thank you for the warm welcome. You are a lucky ducky. What a cool bunch of kiddos. I can't wait so see more of your beautiful kids and how you take care of them.
33168E67-CF7A-472F-86F6-4ADFEFF2B5F4.jpeg

Latest posts